What's new

In tank fuel pump conversion

Snowracer

Member Number
ok so its a little past tuesday and im sure this is a stupid question. im running a Fitech efi with an inline fuel pump and aluminum fuel cell and the inline pump is very loud. want to convert over to intake pump, will make my own sender and cut a hole in the cell ect. real question here is can i use the inline pump in the tank or will kill a bus full of nuns? the pump i have is near new and i have a brand new spare as well so rather not by a new intake pump (yes they can be had cheap but im trying to be even cheaper)

i feel like i seen someone do it on the old site where they built a hanger and used the inline pump in the tank. just cant remember if it worked or lasted ect

Fuel pump doesn’t care

Just make sure there is some kind of footvalve / check valve, preferably stainless or brass.

What pump? Why so loud? My FI Walbro on the frame is barely audible before the engine starts...

its the fitech one. was loud on the last truck but seems to be even worse in this truck

41xHC9JCQ2L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

sell the fitech ones run the gm OEM setup.

the hangers were just a piece of tubing with shock reservoir mounts welded to it. by the time you add a sock and deal with the wiring pass through, the OEM setup is much simpler and easier solution.

sell the fitech ones run the gm OEM setup.

the hangers were just a piece of tubing with shock reservoir mounts welded to it. by the time you add a sock and deal with the wiring pass through, the OEM setup is much simpler and easier solution.

I have the Goatbuilt cell, stock Silverado setup in two rigs. Works great.

If you like your aluminum cell, get one of these rings

Then find an OEM pump. Smaller hole for early LS stuff, bigger hole for later LS stuff. Goatbuilt uses early year LS in tank. You can trim the fuel pump support rods to fit a smaller (top to bottom) tank if needed.

Jeep WJ pumps are short and fit the small pump hole too.

good notes here from HYDRODYNAMIC :

And my most recent experience here:

My pro mod buggy runs the WJ pump in an 8 gallon relatively flat Jazz fuel cell. I've used the early LS pumps in a few other builds. The built in foot valve and return fuel "can" does a great job of allowing you to run almost all the fuel in the tank. I loaded my pro mod on the trailer and hit the gas station on the way, thinking I'd topp off my 8 gallon cell. I put 8.2 gallons in it.. :homer::lmao:

Top Back Refresh