What's new

IFS Cv axles

Cryptictoy

Member Number
Came across these last week and got a set. $240 . Shipped to door w/ cuomo tax. This company makes stock replacement and extended travel (ET at the end of part #)which is what I got for the increased angle from the eibach lift on the wife's runner (3rd gen). Available for 1st Gen tundra too. Got them from carID. com. Will get them put in the next couple weeks and report back as of noises if any.
20201016_181934.jpg
20201016_181947.jpg
20201016_182007.jpg
outer joint
20201016_182033.jpg
inner joint

Interesting. Let us know how they work out

I haven't had good luck with aftermarket in my Tacoma. After blowing up a couple Advance/Autozone ones I started buying every OEM used one I can get my mitts on

Last edited:
Interesting. Let us know how they work out

I haven't had good luck with aftermarket in my Tacoma. After blowing up a couple Advance/Autozone ones I started buying every OEM used one I can get my mitts on

Well I started out with a set of what ever brand of axles and they shook/vibrate before I put the lift in and it cooked them in literally 1000 miles . So I put 190,000 MI shafts in out of another pile I had and all good for about 8,000 MI . The problem with higher mileage oe shafts is I think they get a wear pattern in them . Then you lift and once the new wear pattern starts you basically get an x pattern for the bearing to cross , and vibration! So if these things work out and if you take the the shafts for the tundra and put in a taco/runner could make a hillbilly legit long travel on the cheap which I plan on doing in the near future. Just have to get some knownew straight a arm's to measure and burn out on the cnc table.

Well I started out with a set of what ever brand of axles and they shook/vibrate before I put the lift in and it cooked them in literally 1000 miles . So I put 190,000 MI shafts in out of another pile I had and all good for about 8,000 MI . The problem with higher mileage oe shafts is I think they get a wear pattern in them . Then you lift and once the new wear pattern starts you basically get an x pattern for the bearing to cross , and vibration! So if these things work out and if you take the the shafts for the tundra and put in a taco/runner could make a hillbilly legit long travel on the cheap which I plan on doing in the near future. Just have to get some knownew straight a arm's to measure and burn out on the cnc table.

the Tacoma long travel kits use Tundra shafts. They are the same inner and outer spline count

the Tacoma long travel kits use Tundra shafts. They are the same inner and outer spline count

I am aware of that, assuming these are the same joints as for the tundra you could get say maybe 2" more droop than stock tundras or just a touch more and call it good with no maxed out worries. Be a few months but I will start a new post for this. The only limiting factor that I can see could be the steering rack . Think it was who's wheeling ifs? On the other maple syrup site yotatietoo may have started it , but some good conversation in that thread.

Top Back Refresh