What's new

IBB who does Flat top D44 knuckle machining?

D_JEEPER

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Member Number
I want to check here first before I go out and do another business.... Does anyone here have a shop and does machining, drilling and tapping for a Flat top D44 knuckle?

I don't have a yellow skull and I'm not a real shop, but I'll do it for beer money if you can't find an offical IBB vendor to do it. Just did a set for a friend a couple weeks ago and the program is still in the machine.

UK37ws9t7A4wvg1jl2RtMqW2DBg6kI23XDTv4_lLggpDDYXeROFWHOne9TWnLkugB8Sa9xHaknl4qDRgbNJ2b3hew_sHkfc6S9Ml6jJjHlhK4J0MkvNqb4V2Ycyoy9UQAIKE4vQ6kq9sU0GKuX_tkB-8xFzb_EbOmwuh19_-iI7o3SSZHJio9c7AeVxZKbDJVv0RpK3CZTR7AXwPsENz-gPjtqYloL-qIbGPmc7jLP88RLLUiCtdsbZxyqyg3HD9gfw_-ajdaQI75kNEIL672lY5hlfM37EaSpFB4HkJb4crWe3IgSnoAavvvo7oxq76RNtI0Rxkf8faEhAPxTEAm0OCwmRSbfh1X4hKY87dnVENMG08U349jsT7V4qcXdt5pV9PBe73b3L4yl9tDUo3pnprT9cmuxTzacnn7j4fQPxgNN1GnfMxh9mCLhVm9gCQOvHf_oULq3AQa47FLwyzkCfPgL_QK-O-oVr7IgMDqJgq0PCAT7ktBMljTN55iqKsyRZknMTOTV4OugmuYAehknAg1keA8gn30Dg9eGnqjlbuBN2FI3cA4aZcWvzznnfbq0C_FveY8L4F0lrW82wiW02KliK9j5mad7hEu2JqEF4FDJQNKQeFqVLcDwfoTeF2WQAcrUYJU4j_h-2CtiGZ9yC8ZxYin4U8Rp3NXkme7dPHlmPQAYDe3vRZy_RLPw=w876-h657-no

That sounds like a must have upgrade for my D28TTB! who do I send my knuckles and beer money to? ​​​​​When the box arrives enjoy the glitter surprise!

Cereal question, is there still a market for this on 44s?

I am not sure how many 1978/1979 D44s are still out there lol. I happen to have been sitting on my set for almost 8 years now and am finally proceeding with my project. I suppose people just buy the knuckles they need now?

I am not sure how many 1978/1979 D44s are still out there lol. I happen to have been sitting on my set for almost 8 years now and am finally proceeding with my project. I suppose people just buy the knuckles they need now?

D44 flat tops are still out there, I have several chevy flat tops stashed away

Well that is good to know. I feel like the Jeep/offroad community is all about the bolt on stuff these days instead of torching and burning stuff together.:homer:

Well that is good to know. I feel like the Jeep/offroad community is all about the bolt on stuff these days instead of torching and burning stuff together.:homer:

I didn't realize you can buy a new passenger flat top knuckle already machined with a twisted high steer arm with stud kit for under $190. https://www.ebay.com/itm/263996212338
I don't remember that being an option the last time I was doing this stuff.

Yeah, Reid knuckles have come down in price as well, too.

Partsmike. I believe they are in Auburn CA.

I had like, an hour+ long chat with one of the sales dudes out there. He happened to have built a similar setup to what I am doing but on his YJ, not a TJ. He was able to clear up a BUNCH of things and point at some points of conflict in my intended design....and I thanked him for that haha.

Fawk, I have to redesign some things with my steering.... but he caught me before I had committed to any one approach.

Wfo concepts.
Hands down one of the best shops I’ve ever dealt with. Not knocking any other suggestions.

Top Back Refresh