What's new

I want something that doesnt exist, or i just cant find. Vehicle rifle storage.

total newb

senior jerk ass
Member Number
Loc
trinity center ca
Im looking to store 2-3 ar15 in a "center console" type box.

I have a 99 superduty with bucket seat with aproxamately 15" gap, 36-44" between dash and back seat.

The catch is i need them to load in from the top, with a bifolding or end hinge and a fairly thin top.

The pelican stuff (#1740) is the closest but it has a side hinge with a very thick (multiple inches) top. If it fit i couldnt be opened.

Idealy they will be verticaly stored with foam inserts

Aside from building from scratch, got any ideas?

I looked for some ammo can type boxes but did find anything even close either.

School locker?

I used to work out of these bedrail boxes that might be close (or would be nice to model after if fabbing your own). Tipped on it's back with a gas strut for open assist would be pretty slick.

TB-Topsider-DZ70TB-01.jpg

Looking thru their catalog and saw these, pretty narrow and has lift strut, but handle is on side instead of top.

TB-Specialty-M207-2.jpg

I did find this and it looks pretty close to what i want.

Just need to take some measurements of rifles and the gap between seats. There is a slightly longer one available also.

Screenshot_20231124-192238_Amazon Shopping.jpg

What are you tryin to do? I can see having something handy. But 2-3 rifles?

What about those shelves that mount above the windshield? Could stash one there easy nuff

Just keep them handy for when i wind up in a spot where shooting would be fun/acceptable.
Not for eminent threat/self defence/quick access.

At the same time i do go to redding/medford and often wind up wishing i had brought one with me for squirrels. Superduties and guns are getting stolen like crazy and (to me) a visible gun on a back board is begging to get your windows busted at the bear minimum.

Ill paint it up and stab some cup holders on it, maybe even a rest pad so it wouldnt look like a gun locker.

You're, probably, going to have to modify just about anything, in one dimension or another. Maybe an actual gun "safe" that only needs to be "less tallified":

If you dont need them to be rapidly deployable, breaking down the ARs will let you use something smaller and more lowkey than a wall locker center console. Just food for thought :beer:

If you dont need them to be rapidly deployable, breaking down the ARs will let you use something smaller and more lowkey than a wall locker center console. Just food for thought :beer:

Folding stock isnt bad for something like that

same dealio I believe.

Drunk purchased one of these a while back. Price sure went up on them..

Its a chunk of alloominum. I pulled it off after the novelty wore off of it. Sure makes a 16" gun get small though

Reactions: PAE
Yes that or an identical item is the item I was thinking of.

Assuming the OP is planning on building a ar pistol it might look like this.

20231206_161115.jpg

same dealio I believe.

Drunk purchased one of these a while back. Price sure went up on them..

Its a chunk of alloominum. I pulled it off after the novelty wore off of it. Sure makes a 16" gun get small though

Last edited:
I have a shelf across the the front just above the windshield on my Bronco. You have to move the visors down. I think it was called “Rifle it” or “shelf it”. A roof console down the center would be way cooler.

I have a shelf across the the front just above the windshield on my Bronco. You have to move the visors down. I think it was called “Rifle it” or “shelf it”. A roof console down the center would be way cooler.
I've never seen one of those that was beefy enough for me to trust it with any sort of rifle. You'd nee to build something custom. Wouldn't be hard, but it would be yet another project.

Seen plenty of rifles tossed onto those shelves without any issues. A rifles only about 8lbs. That aint much

I have a rifle safe under the back seat of my tundra. From the outside it just looks like the oem storage box under the seat. They also make console safes

Locker down:

Top Back Refresh