What's new

I may be taking on a new project...

Deleted Member

And I have a quick question on paint! Anyone know where I could find a gallon of Ford paint code 4A "pastel lime" Acrylic enamel or urethane?

I know it isn't a common one.... but would like to keep it as original as possible. What I might be tearing into:

1974 Ford F100 4x4, automatic, 360.

Click image for larger version Name:	20201031_124919.jpg Views:	6 Size:	720.5 KB ID:	180221

OG 360~
20201031_125012.jpg

Interior shot~
20201031_125221.jpg

Also have a donor truck with a decent bed to work with. Ergo the paint question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts truck... It may have a 390 in it. Haven't really explored that one yet. Between the 2 pick ups I was hoping to make a fairly decent truck.
This truck also has disc brakes up front, so that's a plus. The lime truck has factory A/C too, as well as low original miles... right at 80k. Both frames are super straight and the engine in the limey purs. Worthwhile endeavor? Price is right... basically free.

20201031_124555.jpg

If you don't get those, lmk, I've been itching for another old ford

I'm still on the fence about it... these are a shit load of work. The more I looked at them today the more I was kinda shrugging them off. The green one has a hole in the pass side floor board I found today, the other had the power steering box and pump ripped out of it. I really wanted that set up. Lots of little issues I may not want to contend with. I'll let ya know. :homer:

I'm still on the fence about it... these are a shit load of work. The more I looked at them today the more I was kinda shrugging them off. The green one has a hole in the pass side floor board I found today, the other had the power steering box and pump ripped out of it. I really wanted that set up. Lots of little issues I may not want to contend with. I'll let ya know. :homer:

LMK

I liquidated all my toys, now I'm in a spot where I just want one long bed reg cab on 37s with factory air and loud exhaust :usa:

is the other one a 2wd? No power steering on green truck?

Edit ok, now I see it on the potato phone, both 4wd

Yah, they are both 4wd. That's what was appealing about them. Theres another but he isn't willing to let it go... which sucks, because it's just gonna sit there and rot, like the others have been. Fawking hoarders man. :homer: Other is a 75 or 76. No engine in it and it's a manual....
20201101_120350.jpg
20201101_120408.jpg

Theres a 70 F250 4x4 also.... Lived it's life as a plow truck, it's pretty rough. It was rode hard and put away wet for the most part.

Huh, depending on how hammered the 70 is, and what's the price, I might even be interested in it, pm me when you know which ones you're getting:smokin:

A missing power steering pump on a 40 y/o truck?

Yay, hard pass for me too. That's way too much time and money :flipoff2:

Aw pipe down... I see your looking for running gear for your super straight 2wd. I will talk to him this week and see what he says. I'm related, so my price may not reflect yours. :flipoff2:

If you hadn't posted these I wouldn't have bought mine, you started it:grinpimp:

A missing power steering pump on a 40 y/o truck?

Yay, hard pass for me too. That's way too much time and money :flipoff2:

Well, the ps components are kinda rare and pricey on these, they made a million trucks back to 67, maybe 40% got power steering, so they're sought after to convert manual trucks, make fancy hybrid boxes for early Broncos, and keep the other 40 year old trucks on the road

Flecker, I know guys sometimes use a Toyota ifs box, I knew a guy that used a hybrid box, part xj, part Nissan xterra. Idk the details, but he wasn't one to half ass his truck.

Well fawk... BUMP.

Looks like this train wreck of a project may be happening now... :laughing:

I will be dragging the lime one over in a week or two, and will have access to the parts truck to pilfer some things I need. Prolly have to start a new thread for this. :flipoff2:

What should we name it? The Lemon? Limey Bastid?

Well fawk... BUIMP.

Looks like this train wreck of a project may be happening now... :laughing:

I will be dragging the lime one over in a week or two, and will have access to the parts truck to pilfer some things I need. Prolly have to start a new thread for this. :flipoff2:

What should we name it? The Lemon? Limey Bastid?

Check the firewalls for rust. I had a 74 that sat for a few years gathering pine needles. Pine needles got down the cowl vents and held water which rusted out the firewall.

Check the firewalls for rust. I had a 74 that sat for a few years gathering pine needles. Pine needles got down the cowl vents and held water which rusted out the firewall.

I’ll put $20 on rotten cab mounts but they look like good beaters .

You guys see any potential in half ass restoring the lime one? Fairly rust free... I have all the parts needed though to make it right. I started ol Limey today and the 360 actually ran pretty dam well considering it sat for roughly 5 years.

I am figuring on putting a few grand into it to make it a good runner/ looker.

You guys see any potential in half ass restoring the lime one? Fairly rust free... I have all the parts needed though to make it right. I started ol Limey today and the 360 actually ran pretty dam well considering it sat for roughly 5 years.

The way prices are going up on dent side Fords and square body Chevy trucks it wouldn't be a bad use of money.

It runs, that’s 1/3 of the battle, now see if it moves then stops. I’d do it

A few grand doesn't go far. Wheel and tires can get you there alone to make it a 'good looker'.
But yes, you should dump money into it.
:smokin:

I think you can get pretty far for 3k

Wal-Mart group 65. $50
4 black steel wheels caps and chrome lugs from 4wp $220
4 Chinese MT 33 1250 15s $600
New fuel tank, sender, straps $200
DIY seat upholstery $225
black dash cap and door panel kit $200
Carpet kit $150
windshield $150

1900ish there
you'll probably get the bed painted and swapped for 150, do the rear bronco tank at the same time

if you budget 1k for maintenance, tune up, brakes, hoses, seals, bushings shocks etc, you'll be on the road for 3k

edit: closeout wheels $33ea
51-5885F ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Comp-R...c-6a2f-4e5a-80bc-5029e48759c3&epid=1227237537

Last edited:
I think you can get pretty far for 3k

Wal-Mart group 65. $50
4 black steel wheels caps and chrome lugs from 4wp $220
4 Chinese MT 33 1250 15s $600
New fuel tank, sender, straps $200
DIY seat upholstery $225
black dash cap and door panel kit $200
Carpet kit $150
windshield $150

1900ish there
you'll probably get the bed painted and swapped for 150, do the rear bronco tank at the same time

if you budget 1k for maintenance, tune up, brakes, hoses, seals, bushings shocks etc, you'll be on the road for 3k

edit: closeout wheels $33ea
51-5885F ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Comp-R...c-6a2f-4e5a-80bc-5029e48759c3&epid=1227237537

Pretty much the plan exactly... Just need to find a single stage paint that matches the pastel lime. :laughing:

Any interest in a flat bed? It's silly to go that route simply to avoid painting a bed you have, but, it could be handy and they look awesome on these trucks:smokin:

Any interest in a flat bed? It's silly to go that route simply to avoid painting a bed you have, but, it could be handy and they look awesome on these trucks:smokin:

I thought about it... may end up going that route if the other bed is roached out. Looks fairly straight, but ya know how things go when you start ripping into stuff. :laughing: Was really hoping to keep it fairly OG.

Quick question... anyone know if a steering column out of a 76 4x4 will fir a 74 4x4? They look really close, but I don't want to yank the other if I don't have to. I will need to rebuild or replace the 74 either way. It's got a goofy B&M floor shifter at the moment and I want to return the shifting to the column.

EDIT: Never Mind... finally found an answer and it looks like it will fit. :grinpimp:

More pics?

I haven't brought it over to the casa yet... the carb was leaking and is all torn apart for a rebuild on my work bench at the moment. I am also rebuilding the distributor over the weekend. I think I will just start a new thread for the clean up and half ass restoration. :grinpimp:

Long list of stuff that I am gonna have to go through, but should be a fun little ride!

Look at thecoatingstore.com for the paint. They have a lot of old oem colors available. Also look for other cars the same year that may have had the same color.

Top Back Refresh