What's new

I actually went wheeling

Stingray

Toyota Junkie
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
So. Cal.
Stayed in Green Valley Lake Ca., just outside of Running Springs, I built this rig 2 years or so ago and have basically just been daily driving it. YUP GUILTY Mall Crawler, Pavement Princess, call it what you want:flipoff2::flipoff2:.
Last time we tried to make this trip I blew a motor at the top of highway 18, and had it towed home.
I'm shitty at getting pictures so this is all I got a couple from the cabin, One out in Holcomb Valley.

We went from Crab Flats, right at Green Valley, to Baldwin Lake, east of Big Bear. Nothing serious, hit some ice, and saw some Dumb Asses:lmao:

Mainly got to be in and out of 4wd, Played with the different cases, and the E-Locker.

Seemed like for trail riding the 2.8 case was the ticket. kept the trans spooled, and the converter up. and I bounced in and out of 4wd. I do want to add the converter lock up switch, and manual shift. but for the most part 2.8, second gear on the auto was where it stayed.

Again, not serious wheeling, but was off pavement for about 4 hrs.

20210108_151835.jpg

20210108_113447.jpg

Cabin Driveway

105798.jpeg

Holcomb Valley

20210109_181948.jpg

Just pulling back in

We did stop and eat a sandwich and drink two beers, but we didn't make it on the trail, and I didn't deploy the awning or RTT.

So was it really overlanding? And I didn't use a folding chair.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I thought overlanders frowned upon mid morning beer drinking? Or anytime other than after driving is finished, camp is fully set up, all chainsaw and axe wielding is done, and there's nothing left but to kick back and discuss beard oil.

I thought overlanders frowned upon mid morning beer drinking? Or anytime other than after driving is finished, camp is fully set up, all chainsaw and axe wielding is done, and there's nothing left but to kick back and discuss beard oil.

I dunno, but the last over lander my group ran into. Busted out a flask the size of a phone book and shorty after almost went face first into the camp fire. My buddy, who wasn't exactly sober by any standard, but much more than overlander guy, tried helping him back to his tent and led him right into a couple fire wood rounds :lmao:​​​​​​

BTW, there is no 2.8 case. Stock gear drive is 2.28. I'm assuming you put a dual ultimate in? I have a 3rd gen 4runner, and some lower gears would be nice. I've thought about just putting a taco box in with stock gears, but it's just so damn expensive for what it is.

I dunno, but the last over lander my group ran into. Busted out a flask the size of a phone book and shorty after almost went face first into the camp fire. My buddy, who wasn't exactly sober by any standard, but much more than overlander guy, tried helping him back to his tent and led him right into a couple fire wood rounds :lmao:​​​​​​

BTW, there is no 2.8 case. Stock gear drive is 2.28. I'm assuming you put a dual ultimate in? I have a 3rd gen 4runner, and some lower gears would be nice. I've thought about just putting a taco box in with stock gears, but it's just so damn expensive for what it is.

True on all accounts. I misspoke

yes 2.28/ 4.7 chain driven Pass drop.

One or the other would be fine, I'll probably never use both behind the Auto, but each are nice in their own right.

Chain drive passenger drop? Is that a thing? What am I missing here:homer:

Chain drive passenger drop? Is that a thing? What am I missing here:homer:

Dude I swear, I think I had a stroke last night.
I was Fawked up from the start. I swear I need to HGTD The whole shit show and start over.:homer::homer::homer:

I swear I really did have something to do with putting the parts together.

Dual case Gear drive behind an A340 auto. powered by freshly built 5vz-ve.

Dual case Gear drive behind an A340 auto. powered by freshly built 5vz-ve.

Yeaaaa that makes more sense. Don't know of any passenger drop chain drive 3rd gen runners:lmao: I checked mine just to make sure:homer:

Top Back Refresh