What's new

Husky 72" Roller

inthefield

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Texas
The Harbor Freight 72" box has been on the need to by list for a while, it's getting to the point that it's a need and not a want. Looking around though I'm considering this in lieu of the US General. I'm not in and out of it a lot, more of a consolidation place, anyone have one of the bigger boxes from home depot that you can comment on?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-He...5RDL/305980806

I mean, it's only $100 cheaper. I haven't heard anything bad about the US General boxes. I want bearings for sure. The only downside is the 22", imo

I bought 1 2 years ago for totalgirlfriends house. I dont use it at all. Like once a month at most. Its was mostly just organization more that anything else.

The top is nice but what a hunk of shotty shit. With less than 100lbs and seriously prob not more than 50 the top drawer wont stay shut. The rest of the drawers wiggle like crazy when opened. Casters ain't bad though and it sure looks nice

I recently bought a couple of Craftsman brand boxes from lowes. They must be doing some kind of introductory pricing on them or something becuase they were less than a lot of the other "bargain" brand boxes. I have them both about half full and so far the quality seems good. I really like the soft close drawers for not sliding everything around when you throw a drawer closed too fast. Although I haven't loaded them too heavy as I'm mostly using them for fabrication consumable inventory and mill/lathe tooling so far. I'm still keeping my heavier hand tools in my 20 year old Snap On box.
20200704_173829.jpg

The Harbor Freight 72" box has been on the need to by list for a while, it's getting to the point that it's a need and not a want. Looking around though I'm considering this in lieu of the US General. I'm not in and out of it a lot, more of a consolidation place, anyone have one of the bigger boxes from home depot that you can comment on?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-He...5RDL/305980806

Take a look at the overall load rating of the boxes. The Husky box is rated to hold less than half of the US General box. 2500# for the Husky and 6600# for the US General. This is pretty common when comparing the HD/Lowes boxes to other boxes not just the US generals.

My wife ordered me a Husky box for Fathers Day. I didn't like the layout, so I returned it and bought a US General. Glad I did, quality seems better and like mentioned weight rating is much higher. I just need to buy some more tools to fill it up now!

Top Back Refresh