What's new

Hummm... planet of the apes reality? Perhaps so

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Those pesky gene scientists glued a human brain gene with a monkey embryo, it worked and the brain grew larger. But they killed it before birth... this time.

We'd be fucked if monkeys were as smart as us. A chimp would rip a UFC fighter's arm off and beat him with it as he bled out.

Those pesky gene scientists glued a human brain gene with a monkey embryo, it worked and the brain grew larger. But they killed it before birth... this time.

Elephant brains weigh in at a hefty 11-13 pounds — about four times the size of the human brain.

Brain size alone doesn't denote intelligence. Try again Linkslide. :flipoff2:

[No message]

photo33056.jpg

Bullshit they killed it.... well maybe that one. I've seen some crazy stuff in underground tunnels beneath Stanford where I'm sure I wasnt allowed and no way do I believe that.

Didnt Germany or Russia already do this back during WW2 they were trying to build a hybrid monkeyhuman soldier army. I heard they actually had some. Pretty much Bigfoots.

Zombie Apocalypse is coming! Cities are burning. You don't even have to look carefully to see whats ahead.

Now we know what's been admitted. Imagine what's been done in secret.

This just tells me that China already has battalions of monkeymen ready to go. Wonder if they have round eyes?

Linkslide's linkslide is from . . . not FoxNooz :eek: :confused:

Holy Crap! - Linkmonkey learned a new trick :flipoff2: :laughing:

Well you derp, if you actually read that article they talk about making monkey brains larger.

:flipoff2:

We'd be fucked if monkeys were as smart as us. A chimp would rip a UFC fighter's arm off and beat him with it as he bled out.

But a monkey as smart as us wouldn't be a monkey. Our intelligence is predicated on several physical limitations that I know of, and I'm not a Scientist.

One being that apes (chimps are apes technically, not monkeys) don't have as much gray matter in their spinal cord. Human spinal cord actually has a mild cognitive function, but it's slower. Neurons are 'gray' when they don't have a myelin sheath, which speeds up transmission of signals.

So chimpanzees and gorillas appear to be amazingly dexterous, but not compared to us. The human ability to control our fingers for example is absolutely stunning, because there is some thinking going on outside the brain right down to the muscle.

A chimp, otoh, is amazingly strong. They can activate MUCH more of their muscle fiber because the myelin sheath carries a much stronger, though less finely-tuned, signal to the extremities.

So you are either hyper-dexterous and intelligent, but not as strong, or you are as strong as a chimp, but playing Chopin Op. 53 is out of the question no matter how smart your brain is.

That's just one thing I learned about in low-level bio courses in college. There are many more. Metabolic as well.

We could make very smart apes, but not Planet of the Apes smart, or they wouldn't be apes. They'd be monstrous, and not in a cool or scary way, but I guess we will find out soon when a Chinese scientist defects and lets us know.

Top Back Refresh