What's new

How much was your AR?

My cheapest is a 10.5 inch 5.56 pistol I put together. Probably $370ish. My new 4.5 inch 22lr sbr is close to $1500 probably with the can.

Last edited:
my Anderson 7.62x39 was ~$800 I think last month. $50 for an extra magazine and a 40 rd box of Tula. Co-worker bought a Windham version of the same for $850 like 2 days later.

The store we visit close to the office generally prices complete rifles between 800-1300 generally for run of the mill stuff. some a little cheaper, some way more depending on what it is. He's had a Windham 300 BLK on the shelf for like 1200 for a couple months it seems like.

I have been wanting an AR for quite a while, but its one of those things, I don't NEED one, and I have other calibers at home now so....

I found one I could buy for $800.

I will find out what it is specific this morning (I cannot for the life of me remember what make it is 🤨)but it isn't a lower end build as far as I know. I believe the original price was above the $1200 mark.

I'm not a huge gun guy, I bought a few that I really like for their specific purposes, but I don't hunt so it would literally just be a neat gun to have.

With all the new gun stuff constantly under the microscope I keep thinking I need to get one while I can and stop being cheap 😆
Gunzonedeals.com has an Anderson with 200 rounds of ammo for $599.00. $499.00 for rifle only.

A few years ago I put 4 PSA's together for about $350 ea.

Paid about 700.00 for my AR57 upper plus a pair of mags.

Last edited:
Bushmaster XM15E2S purchased in 96, I think was somwhere around 600
Colt preban bought at a garage sale in 2002 for 750
S&W M&P15 was like 700 in 2013
Eagle Arms .223 wylde for 500 in 2016
Wyndham AR bought in 2017 for 850, put a sig romeo optic on it and some troy sights, few mags and a drag bag somewhere in the 1300 range total.

I want to build a couple for the kiddos at some point.

Waiting on the upper to get here but the one I'm about to finish will come in at about 480 not including shipping/taxes or an optic. PSA lower build kit, 80% lower and a basic PSA M4 16" upper. It won't be trick by any means but it'll shoot. Wish I'd have gotten into them when they were still cheap but I was stuck on AKs back then.

In my experience .223 AR is .223 AR. What Lego accessories do you want to tack on to make it expensive? My cheapest was a PSA pistol kit and Anderson lower for like $300 and most expensive was somewhere north of $1500 (quit counting after a couple changes).

I paid about $1850 in 2018 for my Knights Armament SR-15 Mod 1. It was an excellent deal.

My oldest one I've had since probably around 1995 probably has the most into it. Bushmaster complete lower, Colt complete M4 14.5" upper, KAC RIS, KAC light mount, Laser Products/Surge Fire light, ARMS BUIS, ARMS throw lever Aimpoint mount, Aimpoint Comp M, and recently added p&w SilencerCo ASR flash hider and Omega300.

Wouldn't even know how much is into it.

Top Back Refresh