What's new

How is your employer addressing employee stress and mental health?

Every single one of us are contractors here at work

it's an easy system

everyone gets learned how it works real quick and tows the line

don't perform and produce you don't get moneys

go home crook, no moneys

go home 'cos fight with work friend, no moneys

go home 'cos sook, no moneys

amazing. None of the above ever happens wherever I work.

Sooo….. you were selected as a worthwhile employee, the rest got axed, you get to keep your job and you are bitchin about it? Really? Would you rather be sitting at home NOT earning a paycheck?

Maybe I have been through too many economic crashes. I am routinely amazed at the attitudes of some. The entitled youth today blow my mind. We have many young guys at work that seem to be oblivious to the economic pressures of the company and people elsewhere being laid off and they bitch about raises, timeoff, extra duties or something. Culture change maybe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have a job. To assume I am "youth of today" is pretty interesting, considering I'm 40. :rolleyes:. All I was saying is we were already stressed and overburdened with work before this happened, then cuts hapoenehapoenour work loads doubled and we have just been yelled at for not doing a good enough job. We keep working at it because we have to, but its never good enough and they are getting mad that things have fallen behind because they laid off half our staff. They asked what we needed to keep the workfliw going and when we told them we needed more stuff, all we got was " thats not an option ". Im getting pretty damn burnt out. Yet I go to work every day. Because that's what my work ethic is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have a job. To assume I am "youth of today" is pretty interesting, considering I'm 40. :rolleyes:. All I was saying is we were already stressed and overburdened with work before this happened, then cuts hapoenehapoenour work loads doubled and we have just been yelled at for not doing a good enough job. We keep working at it because we have to, but its never good enough and they are getting mad that things have fallen behind because they laid off half our staff. They asked what we needed to keep the workfliw going and when we told them we needed more stuff, all we got was " thats not an option ". Im getting pretty damn burnt out. Yet I go to work every day. Because that's what my work ethic is.
That sounds exactly like the steel mill I worked at. Cut workers and then tell us the only way for the mill to survive was work harder/ produce more tons per day than the mill was ever designed to make. They poured oxygen and natural gas to the blast furnaces to the point they were making double the tonnage. We worked our asses off. They still went tits up. Of course all the top dogs got golden parachutes! The workers....most lost their retirements. I bailed four months before and pulled my retirement and rolled it into an ira.

That sounds exactly like the steel mill I worked at. Cut workers and then tell us the only way for the mill to survive was work harder/ produce more tons per day than the mill was ever designed to make. They poured oxygen and natural gas to the blast furnaces to the point they were making double the tonnage. We worked our asses off. They still went tits up. Of course all the top dogs got golden parachutes! The workers....most lost their retirements. I bailed four months before and pulled my retirement and rolled it into an ira.

Oh yes.. and about 3 weeks after the layoffs happened, the district manager came in gloating about his $55,000 bonus... :rolleyes::barf:

Top Back Refresh