What's new

How does this work? A 1584 clip?

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
This is a clip on a .mil surplus rucksack strap. I cannot get it to clip. Both sides fit together but it doesn’t lock in place. How do these clips operate?

it a basic male/female with a pivoting top
64BAEA2C-6A2F-4FF7-8C03-4867F02C6505.jpeg

See it goes in but doesn’t snap or lock in
95B38FE4-E32D-45E1-AD33-F7F1820F47F5.jpeg

that top tab won’t go down to lock it in

2B097002-970F-4D81-AB58-1C70D79365C0.jpeg

both sides feel like I’ll break the plastic if I push anymore.

64BAEA2C-6A2F-4FF7-8C03-4867F02C6505.jpeg

2B097002-970F-4D81-AB58-1C70D79365C0.jpeg

It’s like it was either made wrong on 2 sides or I’m too dumb to operate it.

Is there something in it preventing you from getting it to bottom out and click?

Is there a little​ spring in the catch? Is it missing? Does the catch move down?
​​​​​​

Is there something in it preventing you from getting it to bottom out and click?

Is there a little​ spring in the catch? Is it missing? Does the catch move down?
​​​​​​

Nothing is in there preventing it from going all the way in. it bottoms out.

There is no spring in the catch, it flops up and down. So yes it moves. It looks like it should snap down over the lip on the male end... but it doesn't.

It looks like it needs to go in a 1/64th more so the catch will be able to go down.

So I was attempting the right thing but it just doesn’t line up properly... ie POS

​​​​​​

Like your pussy Muslim ass would know anything about military gear. STFU punk.

It will most likely break tonight when I try again. Maybe I’ll shave a little off the male end so it will go in far enough.

Like your pussy Muslim ass would know anything about military gear. STFU punk.

Hahaha. You wish you'd know as much about it as I do. ;)
But your brain is too small. Poor dude.

Instead of pissing all over this thread, try being constructive you small dick man.

Instead of pissing all over this thread, try being constructive . . .

He did, you blithering fuckwad. :homer:

Unaboogie posted an informative video + gave a tip re: filing to fit.

EDIT: you should spend your day on YooToob giving your "advice" in the comments of all the 10:01 "amazing" videos about making nifty gadgets using primarily a hot glue gun. Your feedback will likely be far more constructive in that venue.

Last edited:
He did, you blithering fuckwad. :homer:

Unaboogie posted an informative video + gave a tip re: filing to fit.

EDIT: you should spend your day on YooToob giving your "advice" in the comments of all the 10:01 "amazing" videos about making nifty gadgets using primarily a hot glue gun. Your feedback will likely be far more constructive in that venue.

Maybe you missed that I have a hobby shop with cnc, lathe, welders, tools and a two post lift and know how to use them?

​​​​​Ted posted while I was formulating my response about his tiny ass dick.

If it wiggles up and down without snapping down by itself it won't ever latch?

​​​​​

So I was attempting the right thing but it just doesn’t line up properly... ie POS

Standard military issue then :lmao:

Military grade sounds amazing until you've been in the military and then it sounds terrifying :laughing:

Maybe you missed that I have a hobby shop with cnc, lathe, welders, tools and a two post lift and know how to use them?​​​​​

Maybe I only have your word about those things, your word is shit, and benefit of the doubt is not warranted?
Maybe I was weighing your hipshot drivel vs. Ted's (on-point, helpful) feedback; hence my reply to you?
Maybe I have a CNC department, tool room, & a few production depts. just outside my office door?
Maybe all those departments and the people within them report directly or indirectly to me?
Maybe the fact that I have those resources doesn't mean squat with respect to helping OP out?
Maybe your maybe doesn't mean shit. Sauer Kraut :flipoff2:

For shits and giggles try flipping the male end over.

Top Back Refresh