What's new

Hoist in semi trailer, anyone done it.

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Not really this spendy but just a track up and back the center of trailer hung from top anchored to sides to handle up to about 250-300 lbs.

Using the electrical mount track and a bearing trolly.

This ones probably a little closer to what your after.

Yes thanks, just need to figure out how it would be mounted as the only structural beams are the side top corners, top is some kind of translucent material.

We looked at a house that had a hoist running all thru it for a handicapped person. It was essentially super strut bolted to the ceiling. I wish I would have paid more attention to the trolley mechanism as it had cross intersetions and Ts along the track. Im certain it was rated for 500-1000lbs.

Reactions: PAE
I used to work for a hospital, beds would come verticle and they would use a crane to lay them down. It was pretty slick.

Cant find a pic on google, but I found this. Cargomaster - Curbtender, Inc
I saw one like that for a scale service truck. They used the crane to offload the remote controlled dolly to transport the weights and then the weights themselves.

Something like this (internet photo):
Scale.jpg

We looked at a house that had a hoist running all thru it for a handicapped person. It was essentially super strut bolted to the ceiling. I wish I would have paid more attention to the trolley mechanism as it had cross intersetions and Ts along the track. Im certain it was rated for 500-1000lbs.

I've specified systems such as this: GoLift Patient Lift

About all that is missing is switches so that you can branch off to other rooms like a railroad...

Will use the strut and then attached to cross pieces that attach to the extruded aluminum that run the length of the trailer on each side.

I saw one like that for a scale service truck. They used the crane to offload the remote controlled dolly to transport the weights and then the weights themselves.

Something like this (internet pho
Scale.jpg

I've specified systems such as this: GoLift Patient Lift

About all that is missing is switches so that you can branch off to other rooms like a railroad...

I really wish I would have looked closer to see how it changed direction at the intersections. It also had a curved track not just straight section. Like this

I really wish I would have looked closer to see how it changed direction at the intersections. It also had a curved track not just straight section. Like this

I wired a generator and a phase converter in a home made scale truck to run the crane motors. That was a pretty crazy rig. I don’t recall the crane rating, but the deck was 1” plate.

It would be a pain in the ass depending on the weight.

You'd probably have to build a frame and secure it to the deck.

It would mount from the beams that the roof mounts on.

Would make it much easier to get things like engines and transmissions loaded and unloaded.

Just a question now of where to purchase the strut material.

Following.

I haven't worked out the details yet but have intentions of doing something similar inside my 40 foot container for being able to move material stock or other things in and out by myself.

Mine is a 53 ft and a 48 ft and the hoist will be really simple just up and down either electric or air powered and will just run the length of the trailer not on a trolly side to side but could have an anchor to attach the load to and direct it right or left to lift and drop in specific location.

There was a steel supplier that stopped selling anything beyond metals but at one time and for 20+ years in all forms of fasteners and trailer hardware etc.

The one I posted has curved sections too. I didn't see it at first, but going back to the one I posted they have this:
gall_golift_patient_lift_15.jpg

I guess that - or similar - is how you do intersections or switch off to another direction.

The one I posted has curved sections too. I didn't see it at first, but going back to the one I posted they have this:
gall_golift_patient_lift_15.jpg

I guess that - or similar - is how you do intersections or switch off to another direction.

Thats pretty slick. That maybe what the house had. I was to busy looking at the rest of the house.

Top Back Refresh