What's new

HF Hydraulic Punch Driver

that is a knock out tool in my book

but I am sure you can get a dimple die kit for it too

never used one from HF
but it sure looks like the porta-a-power
and I have used the shit out of the port-a-power from HF

thinking about it, most the hydraulics have been good, I can't really think of a fail that wasn't my fault

The dies will probably not be as good as a Greenlee, but it should be ok for basic use.
It's probably a 10k psi pump, so it should also be able to use their portapower accessories.

Aaron Z

My terminology is probably off. I'm in aviation and looking to make "lightning holes" in some frame boxing.

11 gage is their max and that's what I need to punch out for my boxing plates.

My terminology is probably off. I'm in aviation and looking to make "lightning holes" in some frame boxing.

11 gage is their max and that's what I need to punch out for my boxing plates.
So you want to use it like dimple dies?

I have it and the swag dimple dies that fit those sizes. It's pretty awesome.

I did break one of the threaded pieces on the smaller ones. It's the piece that's a ~7/16" thread, not the 3/4". HF gave me a new piece.

Swag also sells even number(1", 1.5", ect) knock outs if you already have the dimple dies.

I have it and the swag dimple dies that fit those sizes. It's pretty awesome.

Swag also sells even number(1", 1.5", ect) knock outs if you already have the dimple dies.
I have all of the above as well, including the swag standard size tube knockouts to match the dies. Works pretty good. I've had a few issues with one particular size of the SWAG dies having incorrect clearances and the slug always gets stuck. I've even tried harder coated shanks and it still bites and requires some work to get the slug out.

I've also made some weird tooling for mine such as a valve guide puller for an old flathead Contintental N62 I was working on. I did have to add some fluid to mine a time or two.

0411202218.jpg

0428202026_HDR.jpg

0316201842.jpg

0316201835a.jpg

The dies will probably not be as good as a Greenlee, but it should be ok for basic use.
It's probably a 10k psi pump, so it should also be able to use their portapower accessories.

Aaron Z
Even with greenlee punches when they get dull you break and bend studs and that’s a pain.

I've punched a shit ton of holes and dimpled a ton of holes (barbed wire offroad kit that matches the knockout punch sizes) with my HF knockout kit. Get a cheap air over hydro pump if you are doing a lot of holes so it doesn't suck. I also had that little neckdown stud for the smallest size break on me when punching out some 11 gauge stainless if I remember right. 1/8" mild steel is no problem.

Another thing you can get to work with the knockout punch hydraulic puller is a muffler expanding set off of e-bay. Works great for expanding thin walled tubing.

I will have to remember to build some puller tools for mine like you did for those valve guides! My monkey brain usually thinks either press tooling, or using all thread to pull things into place, so I'll have to add that to the bag of tricks...

Top Back Refresh