Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

Help me plan an Ozark mountains trip.

DFW Rusty

Member Number
We just locked down the dates for next year 3/8/2025-3/15/2025. We are wanting to go to the Ozark mountains. I have a family of 6 (me, wife, 16 girl, 16 girl, 9 girl, 6 girl), we are taking our 2020 Canam Defender Max 1000 Lone star. I want to stay at a cabin near where we will hit trails. I've heard there are some really long scenic trails that a person can hit, any info would be appreciated, I am not looking for any hard or extreme stuff, just fun scenic trails.

We are at the beginning of planning stages and I'll post in here as I gain more info on the trails we plan to hit and what area we plan to stay at.

went here last Christmas timeframe and had a blast, not may trails on the property, but it is very near the forest with MILES of fire road and scenic trails. Good showers and camping amenities too.

On X seemed to be best to navigate the area.

Heck ya..... That looks like a nice place. thx

Mack's Pines is another great option on Hwy 7 right in the middle of, imho, the best trails in the state. The west side of Hwy 7 is the Piney creek drainage area and the east side is the Illinois Bayou drainage. Both areas have tons of trails. And if you like weird/spooky stuff check out the Dover lights on a weeknight with no one else there.

ETA:
The trails literally connect directly to Mack's Pines. They have RV sites, tent camping, cabins, and a basic general store/grill with good breakfast and burgers.

Another good food option is Hillbilly Slims on Hwy 16 on the northeast side of the trails.

Last edited:
You’re gonna have a blast. Check Airbnb as well, there are a few around the Mack’s Pines area. And the people working Mack’s Pines will happily corner you for 30 minutes telling you where you need to ride.

I'm heading up to Mack's right now in my recently back on the road LJ to enjoy the weather. High of 80° today.

Looks like we found a big cabin in St Paul. It says it's a short jog to the pig trail, and has direct access to the ozark national forest ohv area. It says it's 33 minutes from Byrd's and about the same to the Mill creek trail. Getting pretty excited. We are going from 3/8/25-3/14/25 and were pretty excited. I was voted out and we are taking one day and going to Branson MO, which is meh to me.... but going to be an awesome time!

Top Back Refresh