Sep

Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad

TX_Jeep

Member Number
Loc
Mid South
TX_Jeep added a new event:

Hawk Pride Mountain Offroad

Planning on wheeling Hawk Pride two weekends this month (9/15/23 & 9/29/23). Never been to the park and won't be with the usual suspects I normally wheel with, SO looking for info and/or contacts to ride with.

I have an RV spot for the 9/29 weekend and on generator the weekend of 9/15 (RV Spots sold out).

I'll arrive at the park between 1-2PM on 9/15 & 9/29. Shoot me a message if you want my contact info.

Post up info that may be helpful for a newbie to the park. Some things that come...

Read more about this event...

TX_Jeep see my responses in red.

1. Must do or see level 4 / 5 trails. Can’t go wrong on most of the moderates and hard trails. If you like twisty trails with lots of uphill/downhill, then the “right side” of the park (trails 115/116 area) are awesome. For Friday of RBD we normally start around trail 113 and then attempt to hit as many trails as possible without back tracking all the way across the “left side” of the park and loop back to camp. On Saturday we go to the “right side” of the park as mentioned above. Check out this Youtbe channel as it’s got lots of Hawk Pride coverage.

2. Places to avoid SXS traffic. Once you get out of the main parking area and main access trails, the SxS’s usually aren’t too bad.

3. Food / Fuel / Parts supplies in town. Hopefully I won't have to leave, but good info. Tuscumbia/Muscle Shoals has everything you’d need 15-20 minutes away from the park.

4. Maps - Downloaded the CartoTracks map and printed a hard copy. CartoTracks works great. Run the RBD marked trails as those are always some of the fan favorites.

5. Communication - Cell service in the park, what carrier? Any specific GMRS/Race Radio channels used? Wi-Fi? Most of the parking area has great service (Verizon) and decent to spotty cell service throughout the woods. We have always passed around race radios on the same frequency to communicate when in the woods.

6. Best parking area for a toyhauler without a reserved RV spot. Can’t help there as we’ve always had RV spots. However, there are a handful of non-powered/non-watered RV pads (two 2'x2' by 20' concrete pads about rv axle width apart) right around the actual RV spots that you could probably park on. The area around the rv spots are relatively flat and there is some other open field areas that are also relatively flat.

7. RV Dump Station - noticed it on the website. Very nice convenience if it's available for use? There is one on-site near the bath house. For the biggest wheeling event of the year (RBD) someone always sets up camp there so you can’t maneuver around to the dump station. The Love’s Station on Highway 72 has a for pay dump station in the front parking lot.

Goosneck toyhauler about 37' long.
Cool deal and just curious. There is parking for 40'+ goosenecks up to 53' semi trailers in and around the rv spot area (depending on how others are parked and how crowded it is) so that's why I was asking.

Update:

Plans got all screwed up with personal BS. Didn't get out to the park until 4:30PM Saturday. Got linked up with Ed Bendall, Dennis Hopkins and a few others on arrival. Ran a few trails and found out Ed has cleared many of the trails in the park. Cool guy.

Ed's group was not staying the night and got handed off to Nate and half dozen other folks for a night run. All well built hill killing rigs. Ran Rambo and who knows what else. I think we ended up on a climb that none of them had done. Good times.

Definitely a sweet park that I will frequent with it being close to where I now live.

Threw a video together of the couple videos/pictures i took. Thanks to IBB for the input and contacts.

I will not be at Hawk Pride at the end of the month. A spot opened up for a trip to Utah for Trail Hero instead.

Hawk Pride - 1st Ride

Update:

Plans got all screwed up with personal BS. Didn't get out to the park until 4:30PM Saturday. Got linked up with Ed Bendall, Dennis Hopkins and a few others on arrival. Ran a few trails and found out Ed has cleared many of the trails in the park. Cool guy.

Ed's group was not staying the night and got handed off to Nate and half dozen other folks for a night run. All well built hill killing rigs. Ran Rambo and who knows what else. I think we ended up on a climb that none of them had done. Good times.

Definitely a sweet park that I will frequent with it being close to where I now live.

Threw a video together of the couple videos/pictures i took. Thanks to IBB for the input and contacts.

I will not be at Hawk Pride at the end of the month. A spot opened up for a trip to Utah for Trail Hero instead.

Hawk Pride - 1st Ride

Glad you had a good time at Hawk Pride. Between Ed and Tall Nate, you couldn’t have much better tour guides.

Damn fine people and park.

Glad you had a good time.

Hoping to get my pile back together for some riding in 2024

Glad you liked it! My favorite park as well and can't wait to go back at the end of October!

Top Back Refresh