What's new

Has lived a dream, 50 years off grid.

Dude found a dream property at the right time. He’s done some cool stuff like planted 40 thousand trees on it. He’s also done some cooky shit like make a living selling trees off the property, and putting trees in trusts so no one who buys the property later can cut trees down.

I figured it would be that guy. Cool for sure, but how many people have 240 acres and live in a climate like he does?

I wonder how he pays his property taxes.

CA, property taxes don't go up every year, they only adjust typically on the sale/refinance of the property.

that is, until this fall when the voters repeal that shit because they are commie fuckin' bastards :shaking: :shaking:

Dude found a dream property at the right time. He’s done some cool stuff like planted 40 thousand trees on it. He’s also done some cooky shit like make a living selling trees off the property, and putting trees in trusts so no one who buys the property later can cut trees down.

Yeah, I don't like him. 10 seconds of watching him talk was enough.

CA, property taxes don't go up every year, they only adjust typically on the sale/refinance of the property.

Hold on, wait. There's no yearly tax rate, equalization rate, or assessment changes every few years? :confused:

lotta people forget how fuckin easy the boomers had it and could go out and buy cheap property. Now theyre selling it for 50x times what they paid for it and bitching that millennials dont own enough houses..

lotta people forget how fuckin easy the boomers had it and could go out and buy cheap property. Now theyre selling it for 50x times what they paid for it and bitching that millennials dont own enough houses..

That isn't isolated to just real estate.

Do they have weather/seasons in CA where he lives? In my head I was just saying yeah a $2000 A-frame is easy when it's 70 degrees year round.

Cool stuff though, beats a 9-to-5 cubicle life.

That isn't isolated to just real estate.

Immigration is the main problem there. The Boomers didn't really increase their families. It's HIspanics and Blacks who reproduce, Blacks have been tapering off in family size the last few years, but Hispanics breed like staphlococcus bacteria. Selfish culture of consumption and corruption.

If you are bitching about land prices, blame them, not Boomers. If it wasn't for immigration and Hispanics, land would not be terribly more expensive.

Immigration is the main problem there. The Boomers didn't really increase their families. It's HIspanics and Blacks who reproduce, Blacks have been tapering off in family size the last few years, but Hispanics breed like staphlococcus bacteria. Selfish culture of consumption and corruption.

If you are bitching about land prices, blame them, not Boomers. If it wasn't for immigration and Hispanics, land would not be terribly more expensive.

Holy fuck your stupid! Immigration has NOTHING to do with high real estate prices. Where the fuck do you come up with some of this shit???

Post up some info/stats to back up this claim of yours. :homer:

Holy fuck your stupid! Immigration has NOTHING to do with high real estate prices. Where the fuck do you come up with some of this shit???

Yeah, it's supply and demand. That's my first piece of evidence. Are you going to argue about supply and demand, educationlet?

Here's the second.

ST_2015-05-07_childlessness-10.png

By the way, the taller means bigger on that graph, in case you're having trouble with it.

Finally

SDT-fertility-rate-by-race.png

2.1 children per family is the replacement rate.

As you can see.....

lol that literally took me 25 seconds.

Yeah, we had it easy, I remember saying that when I started working at 9 in the family business. :( We had affordable housing until the city slickers starting moving in and building their 3 bathroom mini mansions and demanding all the changes to everything, which increased the tax base, which increased housing. JMHO

Um no. Back in the boomer times too many things had to be cash or a real down payment. Sure homes were 50k, cars were 3-4k, but also most people were only making 5-15k a year as well in the 1960s

I'm sure banks loaning money five times as much as people could afford didn't help either.

Hi, my wife and I make $65,000 and would like a loan on a house.

No problem. Here's $950,000 @ 5.2%.

Yeah, it's supply and demand. That's my first piece of evidence. Are you going to argue about supply and demand, educationlet?

Here's the second.

ST_2015-05-07_childlessness-10.png

By the way, the taller means bigger on that graph, in case you're having trouble with it.

Finally

SDT-fertility-rate-by-race.png

2.1 children per family is the replacement rate.

As you can see.....

Your bullshit stats that took 25 seconds to find show nothing about who is buying up all the land and making it expensive. All your shit is showing is who fucks more. So you are ASSuming that since Hispanics and Black fuck more they are the ones making real estate more expensive?....... :lmao:

Hold on, wait. There's no yearly tax rate, equalization rate, or assessment changes every few years? :confused:

oh sure, school bonds and such get added maybe in a super rural area. it isn't totally static, but as far as yearly, assessment or equalization? no. Rural Fire Tax was a big one a few years ago that got added.

i fully support the fixed tax basis and think annual assessments are bullshit. they drive out fixed income folks and are very damaging. CA doesn't have a revenue problem and if they do, it certainly isn't due to this notion. Hell, the basis for repeal is built around the fact that 10 year old property management companies in SF aren't paying "their fair share" :homer:

oh sure, school bonds and such get added maybe in a super rural area. it isn't totally static, but as far as yearly, assessment or equalization? no. Rural Fire Tax was a big one a few years ago that got added.

i fully support the fixed tax basis and think annual assessments are bullshit. they drive out fixed income folks and are very damaging. CA doesn't have a revenue problem and if they do, it certainly isn't due to this notion. Hell, the basis for repeal is built around the fact that 10 year old property management companies in SF aren't paying "their fair share" :homer:

So the tax rate only changes when the property goes through the Registry of Deeds?

It is the ONE thing California got right.

It's called PROP 8, and was a proposition they got put on the ballot in the late 70's when every old person was getting taxed out of their family home and it passed.

It locked in the rate to the cost of the property. So it is based on what you PAID for it, not the current accessed value. (When you re-finance, the value will be re-accessed, because you are essentially re-buying).

At least that's how I understand it.

Top Back Refresh