What's new

Harley-Davidson decisions

I have a 2016 road glide special, pretty nice bike but it has a problem with wind buffeting. I'm on my 3rd different windshield and its just pissing me off. the good part is I bought it a year and a half a go and I can get all my money back and a little more. I still have my old tour glide, that I do like the seating/riding position better. but it is a 89 and the motor is a bit tired. I was thinking about buying a 120 or 130" motor, redoing the suspension and keeping it and selling the 16. I will put a good started and clutch behind it. any other big pitfalls that I am missing?

My buddy had Harley put a 120 full motor in his 2006 cvo ( original motor went 100k miles with a big cam and tune in it).....he had nothing but problems with it, and they gave him a 2nd one with still more issues....he had his original 110 rebuilt and is running that one again

Last edited:
it sure seems like if what you're looking for is an ultra smooth long distance old man touring bike, goldwing is the tits.

but I don't know shit about motorsickles.

My old girlfriend had a 1994 goldwing, it was the only bike that had a reverse at the time, she was 5ft2 and 110 lbs....that bike was quick, and smooth compared with my 75 shovel head...but on long rides it killed my knees ...the Harley was more comfortable and I could hang my legs out.

Click image for larger version Name:	20141222_141242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.4 KB ID:	160957

When I got back into a cruiser....2008 that we put a 103cu kit in and cams in..rode very well on the dragon, sold it with 60k miles on it

Click image for larger version Name:	20160923_072735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	471.1 KB ID:	160959

Click image for larger version Name:	20141222_141242.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.4 KB ID:	160957

Picked up a used 2013 cvo...this was sturgis last year...sold it with 30k miles on it

Sold it to a buddy when another buddies cvo came up for sale

Click image for larger version Name:	20200711_153813.jpg Views:	0 Size:	367.1 KB ID:	160960

Current one, 2016 cvo

Last edited:
Not for many people, even though it is a physically large motorcycle the ergonomics of a 1800 Wing are catered to the smaller rider. A large number of Goldwing riders have switched over to Harley for the comfort.

Yep.

People can hate all they want, HDs are some of the most comfortable bikes I've been on. I refuse to own any of their apparel. I want a very specific wide glide, then I'll eventually drag the floorboards on a Rushmore street glide again. Was never a fan of the soft tails.

I'll echo that goldwings are for midgets and the ergonomics of buttons everywhere is just weird.

You must be an early worm, bridal veil falls is always a parking lot when I ride through the spearfish canyon

Yep..:laughing:.....3 of us got up every morning at 0600 to run that canyon.....head back for bfst, pick up the wives....then head out with the wives for the slow ride with hundreds of other riders :homer:....I drug my foot pads a few times in the corners. We would try to double the recommended speed in the turns :laughing:.....biggest issue was watching for deer that early...

Vanocker canyon is a lil more fun..... I sold the silver one to a friend, and the last day out there he put it in the ditch in a corner when a deer and her fawn decided to cross the road...minimal damage..other that a sprained ankle, eng guard an lower faring took a hit.....

People can hate all they want, HDs are some of the most comfortable bikes I've been on. I refuse to own any of their apparel. I want a very specific wide glide, then I'll eventually drag the floorboards on a Rushmore street glide again. Was never a fan of the soft tails.

I'll echo that goldwings are for midgets and the ergonomics of buttons everywhere is just weird.

I only owned some t shirts for the first 25 years......then I bought some of there $100 pair of gloves as I got a gift card for my bday....they are still going 20 yrs later and still soft compared to my cheap leather gloves that would leach dye when wet:laughing:

About 7 yrs ago I bought my first convertible jacket, and I'll say I'm impressed (I buy last yrs model at a discount) they work very well and they have rider comfort in mind....my road trip ( 4 to 7 days) jacket is a klim though..

I only owned some t shirts for the first 25 years......then I bought some of there $100 pair of gloves as I got a gift card for my bday....they are still going 20 yrs later and still soft compared to my cheap leather gloves that would leach dye when wet:laughing:

About 7 yrs ago I bought my first convertible jacket, and I'll say I'm impressed (I buy last yrs model at a discount) they work very well and they have rider comfort in mind....my road trip ( 4 to 7 days) jacket is a klim though..

I'm not a "rider" in the sense that I put on jacket, gloves, knee pads, or whatever the fuck people wear. Full face helmet with BT and I'm set.

Top Back Refresh