What's new

Harley-Davidson decisions

gunracer1

Collector of fine junk
Member Number
Loc
azle tx, aguilar co.
road glide.jpg
I have a 2016 road glide special, pretty nice bike but it has a problem with wind buffeting. I'm on my 3rd different windshield and its just pissing me off. the good part is I bought it a year and a half a go and I can get all my money back and a little more. I still have my old tour glide, that I do like the seating/riding position better. but it is a 89 and the motor is a bit tired. I was thinking about buying a 120 or 130" motor, redoing the suspension and keeping it and selling the 16. I will put a good started and clutch behind it. any other big pitfalls that I am missing?

Last edited:
I have had probably had 50 bikes. I’m old and fat now, I want a cushy ride.this is my old tour glide. When I turned 40, I was like it’s official. I’m a fat old white guy. I bought a Harley and a GMC truck.

B1BED444-5AC3-4F70-8492-096A8CEFBC67.jpeg

Ya weenies:lmao:
I still daily this.
20190314_153916_kindlephoto-119847837.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	20190314_153916_kindlephoto-119847837.jpg Views:	0 Size:	787.5 KB ID:	157699
It's an evo' why not?
effin twinky has fly by wire right?!
Big eng,coming off the amf years of frame....
I would have to think way back, don't recall any issues breakin back frame legs but that's a healthy bump.
sad about the wind issue's.

Oh and for the h8ers
If hd is such garbage then why is it EVERY jap and most eurotrash make a facsimile???

Last edited:
how tall are you?

my buddy got a street glide because the air flow is better for shorter people

he said road glides were supposed to favor taller people

That mag is older than you:flipoff2:
I had an flh fork and matching mag before, just aint put the round s\a and laced wheel on yet.:usa:

Haha, yeah I bet. If I seen parked in a lot full of other bikes I would definitely gravitate towards it. I dig it man!

I grew up around Harleys in the 80's and early 90's. My mom dated one guy and married another that was in a legitimate biker gang. I've owned 3 bikes, but never a Harley. If I'm ever able to get one, it will be something similar to yours. I really like the bike from the movie HD and the Marlboro man.

That's a good looking bike too, but I still like yours better.

I have had probably had 50 bikes. I’m old and fat now, I want a cushy ride.this is my old tour glide. When I turned 40, I was like it’s official. I’m a fat old white guy. I bought a Harley and a GMC truck.

fetch

A coworker has that same bike except for paint . . . and newer / EFI :flipoff2: A few years back, he had a rebuild done w/ more cubes & a bunch of upgrades. That motor started grenading within a year & the shop was useless. So . . . a couple years ago (while pissed off to stratospheric levels and almost ready to ditch his bike) he bit the bullet & had a better shop build & dyno tune his engine - says the bike is "perfect" now, & I doubt he'll ever get rid of it as long as he can still ride.

If you love the bike but it's tired, a good refresh + added power will likely keep you happy.
I'm old-ish & my back's older - I'd keep the "couch" & add aftermarket whoop-ass.
Enjoying long rides is way more important than looking cool in a parking lot :laughing:

Because there's a lot of fat white guys dreaming of being a rebel that are too lazy to wrench on their shit every 30 miles. :flipoff2:

That kinda started when they found out that Evos DIDN'T break down every 30 miles and din't leak oil. You have to bolt on a ton of chromed plastic gewgaws to get THOSE features. Those outlaw accountant gangs are the WORST!
rveg0Aw.jpg?1.jpg

Road glides don’t block as much face wind as the street glide and Electra glides unless you go huge on the wind screen. I’m 6’3 and I need to be looking through the wind shield to not get buffering on the road glide and on my street glide my entire face overlooksthe windshield and I’m in the non buffeting zone for wind.. my experiences only,

Just bought this a couple months ago. I started out with a Honda Shadow 600, didn't ride it as much as i thought i would due to the type of work i do, and traded it for a dual sport, which got stolen. Went without for several years and got the bug again, bought a Honda Shadow 1100 for 500 bucks that needed a stator and fixed it and rode the hell out of it. Basically if i wasn't at work i was riding the bike, and found that for long rides over a couple hours it just wasn't comfortable. So this opportunity came along for a 08 Fatboy that's got 45 thousand miles but looks museum quality almost, and jumped on it, cus Terminator :smokin: (always loved that bike) and it's like riding around on a lazyboy recliner compared to the honda. I love it.

photo27326.jpg

I've been gathering parts to build a 11:1 110ci for this.

TaXkzcu.jpg

Built this 2020 with a 131ci for a pretty well known Angel then shipped it to the other side of the country for him, it would pick the front end up whenever you wanted.

VONpaip.jpg

5YoXao5.jpg

filedata/fetch?id=157831&d=1602262859 That’s the old mans 81 low rider in its natural habitat. It needs completely rewired, rocker box gaskets replaced, and timing reset, and the starter looked at/replaced. filedata/fetch?id=157832&d=1602263117

My dad had a similar aged Low Rider before he quit riding, still got pics in the family photo album of it with his '57 Chev wagon.

Oh and OP, since this HD thread doesn't have enough hate, have you considered moving up to a Goldwing?

I want this bike set up exactly this way. My vast harley knowledge tells me this is an early 80s XLH 1000 with a sissy bar and sort of mid-sized apehangers. Other than that I don't know what it is. The rake seems perfect compared to stock harleys, but it's not a full chopper. Apparently this is also the most miserable HD era but I dont' care, that is the harley afaic.

gVW0LQl.png

Last edited:
I want this bike set up exactly this way. My vast harley knowledge tells me this is an early 80s XLH 1000 with a sissy bar and sort of mid-sized apehangers. Other than that I don't know what it is. The rake seems perfect compared to stock harleys, but it's not a full chopper. Apparently this is also the most miserable HD era but I dont' care, that is the harley afaic.

iron heads (that era 1000cc) are the least desirable bikes Harley made I bet.

Vintage Harley market is whack since the scamdemic, been shopping for a 40’s or 50’s el/fl but since March they doubled in price

gVW0LQl.png

iron heads (that era 1000cc) are the least desirable bikes Harley made I bet.

Vintage Harley market is whack since the scamdemic, been shopping for a 40’s or 50’s el/fl but since March they doubled in price

Hmmm photo didn't show up.

Top Back Refresh