What's new

hail damage

gunracer1

Collector of fine junk
Member Number
Loc
azle tx, aguilar co.
well my 2019 Chevrolet got hail damage a few months ago. i took it in to the Geico guy, he comes back with 1900 dollar figure. i was pissed and thinking about trading it in. so i let it stew for a while and i take it to the gmc/chevrolet collision center. well what do you know it comes in at 5900 dollars damage. i knew they guy was out of the hunt on the first estimate, and i called him on it. he just said they would pay to get it fixed. so i asked him why did we waste time on the low estimate? were they just hoping i would cash the low check and not fix the truck?

yes, that's how most of the lower end Ins. companies work....low ball the first estimate and hope you away.

well my 2019 Chevrolet got hail damage a few months ago. i took it in to the Geico guy, he comes back with 1900 dollar figure. i was pissed and thinking about trading it in. so i let it stew for a while and i take it to the gmc/chevrolet collision center. well what do you know it comes in at 5900 dollars damage. i knew they guy was out of the hunt on the first estimate, and i called him on it. he just said they would pay to get it fixed. so i asked him why did we waste time on the low estimate? were they just hoping i would cash the low check and not fix the truck?

They were hoping you’d cash the check.

Typical. Hoping you take the money and run.

Almost all insurance companies suck these days. Very few good ones left.

Cause they will just write a check for $2k to Chevy and they will fix it. Just cause Chevy said it's 5k doesn't mean that what it really costs either. Both sides will figure out a cost and fix it.

well my 2019 Chevrolet got hail damage a few months ago. i took it in to the Geico guy, he comes back with 1900 dollar figure. i was pissed and thinking about trading it in.

Wtf? :laughing:

Your new truck had some hail damage. You're pissed at geico so the solution is to trade it and lose your ass?

Please, explain how youd come out ahead on that transaction.

Wtf? :laughing:

Your new truck had some hail damage. You're pissed at geico so the solution is to trade it and lose your ass?

Please, explain how youd come out ahead on that transaction.

i was pissed i got a bull shit estimate from them. they paid the collision shop 4900 bucks to fix my truck. if they would have given me the 4900 dollar check i might have traded it in on a new one. but instead i just got it fixed. the new body design has not grown on me yet, so i will hold off for a while longer.

now i will have to see if the hail damage repair is going to hurt my trade in. i have to admit they did a kick ass job.

Top Back Refresh