What's new

Guys fiancee dies, wedding videographer refuses to refund, then...

If i'm in that guys position, leaving them a shitty online review isn't about trying to get the money back anymore. It is about letting other people know that videographer is a POS.

Now, after they way they replied, I say burn them to the ground.

They're a POS for upholding their end of a contract? Being "nice" at your own expense isn't a particularly viable business model.

They're a POS for upholding their end of a contract? Being "nice" at your own expense isn't a particularly viable business model.

The company is getting paid for no services provided because of the death of a person. Contract or not the right thing to do is at least a partial refund. The owner of the company is a fucking sociopath.

Not upholding their end of a contract seems to be something he's very well versed in:

The address of Organized Weddings, LLC is linked to a man named Jesse J. Clark. He was sued by the Massachusetts Attorney General in 2013 for taking the money of 90 couples and never delivering on their wedding videography.

Doing the right thing by your customers whether it's required by contract or not is a helluva lot better business model than publicly shitting on a guy on his would be wedding date after his fiance's death. The technically legal thing isn't always the right thing. Fuck over enough people, legally or not, and you won't be in business for long.

No, but you would be a HUGE POS for upholding a known criminal, and scammer. People like you deserve the same thing as the "videographer", lets hope you figure out what end of the shotgun to suckstart.

That Jesse J Clark is obviously a fuckin douchebag, with a history of being a no good piece of shit that, and without a doubt he is a sociopath that doesn't give a single fuck about anyone but himself.

Also I couldn't imagine paying $1800 as a "deposit" several months out, on something like that, especially when the contract said non-refundable.
I owned a small catering company for 12 years or so and if we were more that a month out I only did a 10% deposit to hold the date, then at a month out we required 50% of remaining bill and the other 50% day of.

Wow, we finally found what Evernoob does for a living.

Yeah because shit-posting on the internet is the same as a wedding day deal gone bad.

Not that I care about these newlyweds, if a videographer can in any slightest way infringe on the happiness of your recent nuptials, then your marriage won't last the season.

God I have to keep you Karens on the other side of the Demarc about what is allowed and what is profane..... it's a tough job but I'm happy to do it and mine that salt.

ToyotaSub was just acknowledging similar characteristics. Don't like it? Don't be such a fucking douchecanoe

Yeah because shit-posting on the internet is the same as a wedding day deal gone bad.

Not that I care about these newlyweds, if a videographer can in any slightest way infringe on the happiness of your recent nuptials, then your marriage won't last the season.

God I have to keep you Karens on the other side of the Demarc about what is allowed and what is profane..... it's a tough job but I'm happy to do it and mine that salt.

There's a difference between shit posting and actually being a piece of shit. You are the latter, in case you didn't realize it.

https://www.copperstallionmedia.com. Looked at the HTML and it looks like they've taken down the site content.

Phone number (833) 526-7737
Address
Ste 3100
Dallas, TX 75201
United States

Their Yelp page has a notice. " This business is being monitored by Yelp's Support team for content related to media reports."

That comment is insinuating that you're a heartless asshole, which you do come across as.

He corresponded with me under the alias "Corey Ayers", but has also used the names Michael Collins, John Francis, Jaie Hart, and conceivably others.

It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of our client experience manager, Allison Davis. Allison took her own life earlier this morning. She had been a valued member of our team for the past two years and will be missed. Allison was a wife, mother, sister, and daughter.

On May 20, 2020, our company was subject to an online smear campaign for not refunding a client who died in a car accident. The client signed a non-refundable contract. As a result, friends, family, and strangers have emailed, called, and left reviews of our company on social media. Online bullying is real.

We are in contact with local authorities to see what can be done in terms of criminal charges. We are also reaching out to legal counsel to see what legal action we can take to obtain a judgment for damages. No company should have to go through this…​

Dude posted that on Facebook, but had mentioned her death back 2018

How much profit is there in something like this?

​​Refund the the deposit minus your profit if nobody else books that weekend, refund all of it if you get somebody else to book.

Be sure to explain the reasoning with the client. If they aren't happy with that at least you'll have some ammo when you see their reviews on social media.

this piece of shit needs to be shot.

someone random who hasnt posted in this thread needs to do it. no motive, no suspect.

should have offered half the money back, you know, cause only one person left that signed the contract.

:flipoff2:

Not surprised at all that more and more are coming out of the woodwork to expose this asshat Jesse J. Clark. Seems he has a pretty good business model working to screw people over and move on.

Reading the article below, I think The Knot (never heard of it before this) will also have a hard time explaining how they are anything other than a money grab...

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ding-companies

DENVER—The wedding videography company that refused to refund a man $1,800 after his fiancée died is being accused by hundreds of people of scamming them.

Justin Montney says the only reason he and his late fiancée Alexis ever hired Copper Stallion Media was because of the trusted wedding website The Knot.

“We were so excited. It looked like he had good stuff but it was all stolen from other videographers,” Montney said in an interview.

Copper Stallion Media began harassing Montney online after their refusal to refund his money led to bad reviews. The company created a website in his name claiming he was trying to “shake them down.”

The company also posted heartless messages on social media like, “We hope you sob and cry all day for what would have been your wedding day."

“I’ll be honest, I am very hurt deeply because of everything he’s done to Alexis and her memory,” Montney said.

Checks Copper Stallion Media used to pay employees have the same Las Vegas, Nevada address linked to other companies owned by Jesse J. Clark.

Clark was arrested in 2013 for allegedly scamming 90 couples out of money for wedding videography they never received. He never paid the $500,000 owed to them and instead fled the state. The judge ruled he was no longer allowed to operate a wedding business in Massachusetts.

Dozens of people reached out to Contact7 from across the country saying they were scammed out of money by Clark for memories they can’t get back. They claim he uses different aliases and dozens of different companies.

“[There are] roughly 30 other businesses that he used,” said Jerrod Popham a videographer who worked for Copper Stallion Media.

Popham stopped working for the company when he found out it was connected to Clark.

He’s in a copyright dispute with them after Copper Stallion Media used his wedding videos for a business he never worked for called Mile High Wedding Films.

“They said they were closing up Copper Stallion Media and starting a new venture under Mile High Wedding Films,” Popham said.

Clark's businesses were on the featured list of the highly trusted wedding website The Knot. They had five-star reviews.

Contact7 reached out to The Knot and asked why Copper Stallion Media and Mile High Wedding Films, companies with no business license, owner information and in one case, no address, were promoted to their clients.

“It became known to us last week that the Copper Stallion Media account on The Knot was created under a false identity, which violates our Terms of Use. As soon as we became aware, we took immediate action and removed Copper Stallion Media from our marketplaces on The Knot,” the company said in a statement.

Popham says he called The Knot in March and told them about Clark.

“I watched as there were negative reviews that would go up. ... I know of one bride who left a negative review that was deleted,” Popham said.

When Contact7 asked The Knot why they were promoting Clark's other businesses, like Mile High Wedding Films, the company removed the business. The Knot says it is continuing to investigate other businesses that might be run by Clark.

“Prior to this experience, I trusted their platform was delivering the perfect wedding day. Now, they seem to be more of an advertisement service for vendors” Popham said.

Montney is now seeking help from the authorities to stop Clark from creating new companies.

“We need to get everyone together that has been wronged by him and start contacting the authorities,” Montney said.

Top Back Refresh