Got Dayum I love this stuff!

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
>On What?

Everything!

ywfEhrj.png

I’m surprised. Figured you’d have posted some man gravy. :homer::flipoff2:

That's because unlike most of the denizens of this board, I don't think about dicks, cum, ladyboys, or balls all the time. :flipoff2:

If you need vinegar to improve the flavor of food you need to find some other food. :barf:

Vinegar is the base of or in:
  • BBQ sauce
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • A1
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • mayonnaise
  • steak sauces
  • hot sauces
  • jarred horseradish
  • salad dressings
Vinegar is also the base of almost all pickled items which are eaten alone or added to food like
  • olives
  • pickled peppers
  • pickled eggs
  • pickled balogna/sausages
  • pickled asparagus
  • pickled onions
  • artichoke hearts
  • minced garlic
And that ignores the huge number of recipes which use vinegar as an acid addition, a huge number of Asian dishes like sushi, and as a food modifier in a huge number of processed foods.

So unless you dipshits are eating your food plain, you use vinegar in virtually every savory meal you eat.

Vinegar is the base of or in:
  • BBQ sauce
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • A1
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • mayonnaise
  • steak sauces
  • hot sauces
  • jarred horseradish
  • salad dressings
Vinegar is also the base of almost all pickled items which are eaten alone or added to food like
  • olives
  • pickled peppers
  • pickled eggs
  • pickled balogna/sausages
  • pickled asparagus
  • pickled onions
  • artichoke hearts
  • minced garlic
And that ignores the huge number of recipes which use vinegar as an acid addition, a huge number of Asian dishes like sushi, and as a food modifier in a huge number of processed foods.

So unless you dipshits are eating your food plain, you use vinegar in virtually every savory meal you eat.

You weren't talking about using it as a basis for anything. You were talking about dumping the straight stuff on food. Stop moving the goalposts.

I did my ”Spring Break” senior year of high school in London (as a home base for two weeks). I wanted to try Fish & Chips since I was in the land of Fish & Chips. I placed my order, guy behind the counter asked me something I didn’t understand, I replied, “Sure”. My order received a malt vinegar bath that soaked into the news paper wrapper

That shit was AMAZING :homer::homer::homer::homer:

You weren't talking about using it as a basis for anything. You were talking about dumping the straight stuff on food. Stop moving the goalposts.

He likes a Sour Puss, or most likely a Sour Peter but,we agree :flipoff2: :laughing:

Malt vinegar and Five Guys Cajun fries are fucking awesome together.

Vinegar and oil salad dressing is decent.

WTF else do you put it on besides fish & chips?

Malt vinegar and Five Guys Cajun fries are fucking awesome together.

Vinegar and oil salad dressing is decent.

WTF else do you put it on?

Most fried things. Almost all potatoes. Almost all of my stocks which make it into almost all of my multi-day dishes.

I will also eat beans and rice with only malt vinegar. I make homemade blue cheese and ranch dressing and use malt vinegar in them, and if I need to make buttermilk I used malt vinegar instead of lemon juice.

I've also used it in any drink that uses citrus juice like G&T (which is totally fitting), and sometimes I drink it straight from the bottle.

Sliced up apples or pears with malt vinegar and cinnamon powder and a little salt.

Tomatoes and other veggies, with mozzarella or just sprinkled down with some salt and pepper.

Dishes which contain lentils like mujadarrah or whatever I add lentils to, I almost always add malt vinegar to lentils.

If I make greens, malt vinegar. Collard, mustard, turnip.

Italian sandwiches or almost any sandwich with cured meats.

Also, any type of chip, I love potato chips with vinegar, but that is adding it one bunch at a time or they get soft.

Wilted cabbage, malt vinegar, water, and butter.

I got a bottle the other day and realized this stuff makes it into or on almost every single thing I eat right now.

Most fried things. Almost all potatoes. Almost all of my stocks which make it into almost all of my multi-day dishes.

I will also eat beans and rice with only malt vinegar. I make homemade blue cheese and ranch dressing and use malt vinegar in them, and if I need to make buttermilk I used malt vinegar instead of lemon juice.

I've also used it in any drink that uses citrus juice like G&T (which is totally fitting), and sometimes I drink it straight from the bottle.

Sliced up apples or pears with malt vinegar and cinnamon powder and a little salt.

Tomatoes and other veggies, with mozzarella or just sprinkled down with some salt and pepper.

Dishes which contain lentils like mujadarrah or whatever I add lentils to, I almost always add malt vinegar to lentils.

If I make greens, malt vinegar. Collard, mustard, turnip.

Italian sandwiches or almost any sandwich with cured meats.

Also, any type of chip, I love potato chips with vinegar, but that is adding it one bunch at a time or they get soft.

Wilted cabbage, malt vinegar, water, and butter.

I got a bottle the other day and realized this stuff makes it into or on almost every single thing I eat right now.

I missed the Italian grinder on my initial list, thanks for reminding me. I order those with extra vinegar and a splash of oil. I like the veggies on mine to be like a salad.

The rest of your list is just.... :barf:

Not even on greens?

I’ve put vinegar on wilted spinach and collard greens since I was a kid

I wouldn't eat that stuff with vinegar or no vinegar. :barf:

Fresh spinach goes in salads around here. Cooked spinach tastes like metallic ass, so nope. Collard greens.... Hell No!

I wouldn't eat that stuff with vinegar or no vinegar. :barf:

Fresh spinach goes in salads around here. Cooked spinach tastes like metallic ass, so nope. Collard greens.... Hell No!

That's odd you don't like greens with bacon or fatback, and some vinegar? Is that allowed in Texas?

And malt vinegar seems to have a mellower flavor than wine vinegars even at the same grains.

I missed the Italian grinder on my initial list, thanks for reminding me. I order those with extra vinegar and a splash of oil. I like the veggies on mine to be like a salad.

The rest of your list is just.... :barf:

Vinegars are a normal part of almost everything I listed.

I put yellow pepper on my italians as well, and often green olives. I use spring mix with extra shredded lettuce of course yes to soak up all that oil and vinegar, plus mayo and dijon which both contain vinegar. You need a lot of acid to offset all of that rich cured meats and cheese because I pile that shit. Properly thick, 1" thick solid meat and cheese folded and compressed.

Fresh spinach goes in salads around here. Cooked spinach tastes like metallic ass, so nope.

Fresh spinach is awesome, but so is cooked spinach; you just don't know how to cook spinach. If you don't overcook it, and you put a bit of acid (e.g., vinegar or lemon juice) in it, it doesn't have that taste you hate.

Fresh spinach is awesome, but so is cooked spinach; you just don't know how to cook spinach. If you don't overcook it, and you put a bit of acid (e.g., vinegar or lemon juice) in it, it doesn't have that taste you hate.

I sauté fresh spinach in just a bit of extra virgin olive oil with salt & pepper. The secret is to not cook it to death.

Top Back Refresh