What's new

Gooseneck puck system?

1oddtech

Unknown member
Member Number
Loc
Central Va.
I recently took delivery of a 2022 F450 and was planning on waiting to get a gooseneck puck system for the factory hitch at a later date. Friend of mine says I can use his gooseneck trailer when ever I need to and I need to haul a utility tractor to the shop to diagnose and repair a noise in the transmission. So the three choices are a B&W, Curt or a Reese. I know the Reese is the factory equivalent but curious on what others have used and recommend. Thank you.

Edit 02/28/22: Ordered a B&W from etrailer and said I'd get it this Wednesday. Got a notice today that it wasn't going to ship until March 3rd and not to expect it until March 7th. Cancelled the order and went by a trailer hitch shop and they had it in stock for the same price I was going to pay etrailer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220224-231132.png
    Screenshot_20220224-231132.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I’ve got a Curt because it’s what the farm store had on the shelf. Works fine, don’t love the thick safety hooks though.

From what I’ve seen though, the ball is more or less the same because of the factory installed hitch on the truck side. It’s not like aftermarket B&W stuff with the square socket to keep them from spinning.

They’re all insanely overpriced for a ball and 2 safety loops. Especially when my old full B&W hitch was $500 total.

I have the B&W as well. The Curt and Reese require you to dig through all the grease on the ball to disengage the lock mechanism.

B&W is by far the most adaptable platform, had them in the last 4 trucks, couldn’t be happier.

Top Back Refresh