What's new

Goodwood 2020

Pretty cool. Wish I could put it on my big screen a bit easier. Would be cool to watch full size.

Pretty cool. Wish I could put it on my big screen a bit easier. Would be cool to watch full size.

Do you not have a smart TV where you can screen mirror from your phone? One of my older big screens isnt so I bought a $30 sony blue ray player for it that connects to my internet. It also allows me to screen mirror from my phone. I would guess firesticks or roku would also.

I have been watching, to watch the 60s Fords having to run amongest all the small cars, one I watched yesterday a Studebaker won!

Do you not have a smart TV where you can screen mirror from your phone? One of my older big screens isnt so I bought a $30 sony blue ray player for it that connects to my internet. It also allows me to screen mirror from my phone. I would guess firesticks or roku would also.

Not a smart TV. I do have a blue ray player networked. Never mirrored my phone to that and dint know it was a thing.

You know that scientists theory about the exponential advances in tech? That's kinda inline with how quickly it outpaces my knowledge base.

Call me on my land line in a couple years when I can ask the AI to do it all for me.

Not a smart TV. I do have a blue ray player networked. Never mirrored my phone to that and dint know it was a thing.

You know that scientists theory about the exponential advances in tech? That's kinda inline with how quickly it outpaces my knowledge base.

Call me on my land line in a couple years when I can ask the AI to do it all for me.

I was looking at TVs on line the other day after a half hour I went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head

The screen mirroring is fairly simple even us old troglodytes can manage.

it's almost comical to see galaxies on the same track as the small british cars.
Really illustrates the absolute different ways of thinking about cars we had in the 60s.

British cars said:
I'm small and dainty and go round corners fast

American cars said:
Big block goes blalalalalalalalalalalaalala

it's almost comical to see galaxies on the same track as the small british cars.
Really illustrates the absolute different ways of thinking about cars we had in the 60s.

A lot of it had to do with their economy and their roads size. Their post WW2 economy was a shambles the government had run rough shod over ever institution, took farmers farms if they didn't produce the way they thought it should be, and at least in one case killed the farmer here is a pretty good documentry/ historical reenactment of the times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUsU5s0ofYo&list=PL59GlH-H0rGGl7RUe5T7XzT4_ToqqNL5R

And if you ever watch any driving videos once they get off the freeways their roads are little more than paved cart tracks

I've been watching the Goodwood Revival(or speedweek) for years. The greatest thing is how the old cars just slide around, the drivers are really putting in work.

I watched the porcheeees race last night.

Goodwood is a service to humanity.
I really dig what they're doing there.

Somebody is vintage rallying Galaxies I think in Sweden. Videos out there somewhere. Pretty majestic, big ol Galaxy drifting around a dirt road.

Somebody is vintage rallying Galaxies I think in Sweden. Videos out there somewhere. Pretty majestic, big ol Galaxy drifting around a dirt road.

Like this Rally car fans are seriously crazy to stand damn near on the racing line.
Sounds and looks like a Saturday night when I was a teenager except there is no flashing lights

Like this Rally car fans are seriously crazy to stand damn near on the racing line.
Sounds and looks like a Saturday night when I was a teenager except there is no flashing lights

I watch the swedish rally channel all the time.

The Swedes have an entire sub-culture of American Redneck, mostly focused around vehicles.

It's called Raggare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare

They've seemed to focus on big iron lately, but they do it all even 4x4 squarebody Chevies and they'll put a few bails of hay in the back, wear the redneck clothes and play the country music, the whole 9 yards.

Rural Nordics are very high on the Redneck scale anyway.

Top Back Refresh