What's new

Goodbye.

I feel your pain.

My boy left this world a year ago and I haven't been the same since.

So sorry for your loss...she was a beautiful dog. We are on our 3rd GSD being our 1st female...I had to wait a few hours to get my shit together before typing this after reading your post...been there and hate the thought of going thru it again some day with our current girl. But they are great companions and worth ever minute and ever tear.

Wish you and your family the best and good luck when the time is right for your next one!

I posted that and then found the cat laying in Alexia's favorite spot and he pulled a bunch of her stuff out again. He's struggling with this as much as I am....

well shit, something just got in my eye....also because my little black buddy got put down back in Feb after 15 years. I miss him terribly as well. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for the loss, just lost my best buddy recently myself, it’s not easy.

salute to ibb dogs
https://irate4x4.com/chit-chat/45317...irate-4x4-dogs

I don't think I can handle that one just yet. I just downloaded my last walk with her from my Ring cameras and that was too much, but I wanted to grab it before it went away. I don't know if I'll ever want to see it again, but I'd rather have it than lose it.

So sorry for your loss...she was a beautiful dog. We are on our 3rd GSD being our 1st female...I had to wait a few hours to get my shit together before typing this after reading your post...been there and hate the thought of going thru it again some day with our current girl. But they are great companions and worth ever minute and ever tear.

Wish you and your family the best and good luck when the time is right for your next one!

Rough way to make a first post man. I appreciate that you and so many others understand this, although I wish none of us had to. Thank you.

well shit, something just got in my eye....also because my little black buddy got put down back in Feb after 15 years. I miss him terribly as well. Sorry for your loss.

I assume the cat? Black cats are the best cats. He's about 15 now. He's had it rough too. He was taken from a hoarder house, then we adopted him. He got out when we lived in Maricopa and got hit by a car, snapped his jaw. Emergency vet, then to this guy to fix him up. https://www.azvetdentists.com/index....r-chris-visser

He's another special one too. My wife always wanted a cat, but she basically wanted a living stuffed animal. That's what Henry is. If she's laying on her back watching TV in bed he'll plop on her, slide down so his head is on her shoulder with his body between her body and arm with his paws in the air. He'll lay like that all day with her.

That cat talks more than a teenage girl on adderall that just slugged a couple red bulls though. He and I have a lot of conversations that neither of us understand. :-)

I don't think I can handle that one just yet. I just downloaded my last walk with her from my Ring cameras and that was too much, but I wanted to grab it before it went away. I don't know if I'll ever want to see it again, but I'd rather have it than lose it.

Rough way to make a first post man. I appreciate that you and so many others understand this, although I wish none of us had to. Thank you.

I assume the cat? Black cats are the best cats. He's about 15 now. He's had it rough too. He was taken from a hoarder house, then we adopted him. He got out when we lived in Maricopa and got hit by a car, snapped his jaw. Emergency vet, then to this guy to fix him up. https://www.azvetdentists.com/index....r-chris-visser

He's another special one too. My wife always wanted a cat, but she basically wanted a living stuffed animal. That's what Henry is. If she's laying on her back watching TV in bed he'll plop on her, slide down so his head is on her shoulder with his body between her body and arm with his paws in the air. He'll lay like that all day with her.

That cat talks more than a teenage girl on adderall that just slugged a couple red bulls though. He and I have a lot of conversations that neither of us understand. :-)

Yep, the cat.

Been there, sucks. I’m sure you gave her a great life.

Sorry for your loss man. 13 years is a long run for a German shepherd and I can tell she was greatly loved and cared for.
After 44 years of marriage my wife and I have lost many pets and it never gets any easier. In fact just last month we had to let our oldest dog BK cross that bridge. I know that he as well as our numerous other dogs are waiting for us.
Allergy kicking in gotta go. Peace.

I'm sorry for your loss. A good dog is hard to replace and pulls on your heart when they leave. I guess that's the price we pay for unconditional love, its fleeting. Those

Got our GSD mix from a shelter in 2012. She is the best dog we have ever had. I retired in 2013 and she has been my constant companion since, she even follows me to the bathroom. The best, most well mannered, thoughtful, protective, smart and loyal animal I have ever encountered. She would never have to be on a leash except for the law. All of my friends and family love her. As near as we can figure she is a very active 10 years old. She has been everywhere with me and loves an adventure. I miss her when my daughter takes her on a outing. Its hard just thinking that in a few years she won't be here anymore.

We are thinking of getting another young GSD so Sasha can show it how to be cool before she slows down too much. I have always had dogs around and it seems each one was better than the last. I think that means that I am understanding them more.

The dogs we had before Sasha were a pair of sisters. Lab mixed with a bunch of other stuff. They looked like the typical mutts you see all over Mexico. One lasted eight years before it had to be put down due to a broken back (she was pretty rowdy). The other was never the same. She was just heartbroken but she lived five more years.

Top Back Refresh