What's new

Good Trailer Tires

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Ok so I have a 2017 PJ B8 14k flat bed full width trailer. It has dexter axles with brakes on both. The tires are 5 years old now and some weather cracking and when unloaded I get a real bad bounce at 25-40mph now. I can see that one tire appears to be starting to let go and ita time go buy new tires. It has LT235/80r16 load range E tires and I want to get a new set of 4 tires. So whats a good tire that doesn't break the bank. My local tire store has like 5 different tires from winda, Goodride, Carlisle and a few ithers i can't remember. The trailer came new with Goodride tires and never had an issue until now. Thanks.

14 ply or go home :flipoff2:

Gladiator All Steel, 235/85R16, 132/127N, G (14 Ply)

My buddy put these on a bunch of trailers at his shop. Said whenever guys would come in with tires issues, they'd put these on and that was the end. I have a set on my 14k, and they're good, but haven't used them a whole lot.

He pulled his big 12k lb t770 in a dump trailer 900 miles during the summer with no issues.

My buddy put these on a bunch of trailers at his shop. Said whenever guys would come in with tires issues, they'd put these on and that was the end. I have a set on my 14k, and they're good, but haven't used them a whole lot.

He pulled his big 12k lb t770 in a dump trailer 900 miles during the summer with no issues.
This. Skip E rated and go 14 ply. I'm not sure that brand matters much when you step up to 14 ply. A buddy of mine does concrete work and has 3-4 trailers that he abuses and has replaced the E rated tires on. They are all mis-mached brands and he doesn't have any more problems.

This. Skip E rated and go 14 ply. I'm not sure that brand matters much when you step up to 14 ply. A buddy of mine does concrete work and has 3-4 trailers that he abuses and has replaced the E rated tires on. They are all mis-mached brands and he doesn't have any more problems.
I agree, that was the only brand I have personal experience with. I just remembered we put them on 2 different 14k trailers at my old work years ago and never had an issue, even with "it fits, it ships" guys using them.

I agree. I put a set of 6 Gladiator load F tires on my big dumb trailer I had. Rated at 4,000lbs. I put lots of miles on it and barely wore down and zero weather cracking 5 years later when I sold it (they’re exposed to sun year round).

Prices went up significantly since then. :frown:
I paid $100/tire!

Goodyear Marathon makes this size, in Load Range E, in the US.

I agree. If you can find these gladiators, go with them and you wont have any problems.

Top Back Refresh