What's new

GMC hub caps on H2 wheels

wvracer821

Member Number
Loc
Morgantown, WV
I gave a set of H2 wheels to my best friend and he's finally ready to put them on his 89 3500. He called this morning talking about some conflicting information about the fitment of his factory hub caps. Can anyone chime in on this and let me know if there is a difference in the hub caps that came with steel wheel trucks vs the aluminum wheel trucks?

Maybe DMANbluesfreak ? I know you ran H2 wheels with chevy hub caps for awhile.

Pickup caps are thread on, h2 are snap on.

Id simply check the od on the pickup cap, prob just need to trim the outer edge of if anything

Yeah I know the pickup ones thread onto the lugs. I just figured you could use the pickup lug nuts and slap the stock caps back on. I’ve seen several pictures of that setup. My buddy just found some old forum posts that said the caps could be different from wheel to wheel

I know of at least 3 different depth steel wheel center caps; dually front, SRW, and dually rear. All for gmt400 trucks. Dunno if that helps.

we have 2 sets of SRW caps that came on steel wheels. its probably time to get my ass over to his place and just try it. thanks for the help guys.

I believe I have seen the caps from the aluminum PYO stock wheels fit onto them. These are the stock wheels from like 01-07. I think they need to be trimmed down a bit.

Found this old thread.

Thinking about what others have said.

Which caps do you have? Should be black and fairly smooth correct?
Theres chomes that are similar and the later ones are chrome but not smooth/jeweled cut ish.

ive got a set from the 89 3500 with steel wheels and a set from my 05 2500 with steel wheels. both are chrome

Screenshot_20220610-122504_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220610-122241_eBay.jpg
Pics for some ref

The ones I have seen use the aluminum wheel center caps typically seen on most GMT800's. I also plan to do this at some point but haven't looked into it yet, figured they were just trimming a bit off the outer edge to get them to work.

I had the PYO caps. I also used the stock PYO wheel lugs. I had to take off the little black nubs on the back of the caps to get the plastic nut covers to engage the outside threads.

Top Back Refresh