What's new

GM square body disc brake swap

Member Number
There is a ton of info in this swap….except for the master cylinder part. Many folks say older corvette master cylinder, others say c3500 master, etc….

Does anyone have any real world experience? It seems for every suggestion there’s just as many people saying it didn’t work.

Looking specifically at disc brake swapping an 86 V30 SRW with hydroboost.

Any insight on which master cylinder would be awesome!

I've picked up the generic disc/disc prop valve, and looking at the cardone 13-1668 master.

This is the one I used, on a 1985 1 ton 4wd DRW chevy.

The disc brake conversion on the 14 bolt and Dana 70 was my own design using all Dana 60 brackets rotors and calipers.

20211128_152642.jpg

I Used a P30 master cylinder for factory 4wheel disc brakes and was very happy on my 4 wheel disc brake setup.

There are 3 master cylinders that are widely used in swaps...they all look like the "corvette style" master cylinder. 71-82 corvette has 2 options...either 1" or 1 1/8" bore size. The larger one....73-ish C2500 is a 1 1/4" bore. The corvette units have a couple different pushrod depths, but the aftermarket units from hot rod places all work with boosters.

pick one. If your pedal is to soft and shitty, get a bigger one. If your pedal is hard and high and you have to push on it real hard...get a smaller one. I like to start in the middle at 1 1/8" and work one way or the other from there.

Top Back Refresh