What's new

GM LS truck dual power steering pumps

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Does anymore make a dual power steering pump bracket that fits a gm truck ls motor brackets and doesn't require 2 aftermarket pumps but can run a stock gm pump as the second pump even with a remote resi can to make them smaller. Thanks

Ok i've seen the goatbilt ones but never the ape built. SEnt them an email about running stock GM pumps or not. Running hydro assist AND hydroboost makes me worried a single pump can handle all of that.

Talk to Radial Dynamics. Im almost positive he can get you set up with a single pump that will handle both of those duties without issue.

Yeah just trying to do it with the stock pumps I have. I have 4 of then that I can use and would be easier to buy a bracket and can to convert to remove resi and use these pumps than buying a new pump and not having a backup

Ok i've seen the goatbilt ones but never the ape built. SEnt them an email about running stock GM pumps or not. Running hydro assist AND hydroboost makes me worried a single pump can handle all of that.

It will do just fine with 1 pump. I'm running full hydro and a hydroboost off of 1 only pump.
It's a super common setup.

You're over thinking it.

Ok I'm going to run 1 pump and am just looking for options if it isn't adequate enough for me

hydroboost and assist will be way plenty fine with a single stock pump

Well talked to goat built and he offers a passenger side single TC pump mount that i can keep the factory stuff on driver side which is cheaper option than replacing that bracket and relocating the alternator as well.

Have anyone ever try to stack two TC ps pumps together? Custom machine a coupler or something and stack/bolt both together, and install with longer bolts.

Ok so Honda motors spin backwards do their power steering pumps spin backwards too? Could always machine an adapter and make a mount to bolt to the regular pulley on a ls motor and fabricate a mount to hold it out front. I have a mill and lathe so if that rockauto pump doesn't work out I could make stuff to do this possibly. I can get one of these for free so just curious

Last edited:
Come on man. I Hope your dual ps pump dramas can get done to officially marry 65chevgy4x4 and ttmotorsports and stop switching between accounts posting in one thread. :flipoff2:

well I finally consolidated to this account since I don't even have my 65 chevy 4x4 that I had in high school when I made my pirate account and name. I even changed the email on this account to my good email address.

Last edited:
Have anyone ever try to stack two TC ps pumps together? Custom machine a coupler or something and stack/bolt both together, and install with longer bolts.

Some applications drive an accessory through another one. I think Nissan drives a vacuum pump through the alternator on some diesels. I would look around to see if anyone makes a power steering pump that drives an accessory behind it.

Some applications drive an accessory through another one. I think Nissan drives a vacuum pump through the alternator on some diesels. I would look around to see if anyone makes a power steering pump that drives an accessory behind it.

I dug around and look like sweet mfg may have something. $$$$ though.

Top Back Refresh