What's new

Glock 43 knock off

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
Bought a poly 80 43 knock off.
On one of those deals 2 frames for 100$ awhile back.
Took forever for parts to come available.
Jsd Had a slide and parts kit a couple week ago snatched it up. Came in a couple days ago. Shoots nice. Think I will get a micro red dot for it. Slide is cut for one. Says no sights....but came with sights.
5135.jpeg
Screenshot_20210901-212023_Brave.jpg

Seems like a mighty big pain in the ass when I can buy a g43 from joe bob down the road when his rents due and he drank his rent money and still not have it tied to me.

I did a G19 sized P80. Fun project. Pictured with a G19 for comparison.

20210318_181035.jpg

It seems like a fun project but it seems like any way you build it you end up in it as much or more than just buying one from the store, or going the route Stuck mentioned if you can.

It seems like a fun project but it seems like any way you build it you end up in it as much or more than just buying one from the store, or going the route Stuck mentioned if you can.
Some people enjoy buying things, some people enjoy building things.

I did both. 😁

With any of the P80s its the same - if you want a bone stock glock, just buy one. If you want a semi-Gucci gun that you built yourself you can be money ahead to do the p80 route since you aren't buying parts to throw them away.

I built a g19 sized p80, but the slide didn't come with sights and at the time all the cheap sights were sold out and I wasn't going to pay $30 for a couple bits of plastic. So I bought a used micro roni chassis and have been converting it to fit the p80. There are more dimensional differences that people realize. In the end its a dumb idea vs just buying any number of working pistols but I should end up with something entertaining at least

To me it's the same as building my heep.
It's a hobby I enjoy. I have 425 into this one. My money my time. Just like building any other gun. I built AK, AR, 1911, and glocks.

neat
carried a dot on my g20 for a few months before deciding that the glass was getting too beat up from welding and grinding spatter
pistol dots are way slower than irons anyways, quickest way to get the dot inside the window is to use your irons first then transition over to using the dot
they're really nice for longer distance shooting though
Some people enjoy buying things, some people enjoy building things.
ehhh, p80 is kinda more assembling than building
they're nice if you're gonna be buying a fuckton of aftermarket junk anyways, like with a longslide setup
but a basic bog standard assembly of the cheapest parts you can find, you usually do end up better off buying a used trade in

Have any of you found a mag release that works on the P80's without sticking so far out like a stock Glock mage release?

just cut on it bro, it's plastic, you should have some sort of tool-like implement that'll remove a little bit

I could and may, but I would like to see what the other options are first. I've thought of several ways to recreate the ridges on them.

I could and may, but I would like to see what the other options are first. I've thought of several ways to recreate the ridges on them.
rub it real hard on a big bastard file (to get a coarser pattern) along the grooves rather than across like you normally would

Top Back Refresh