What's new

Frenched shock towers

Hartmanb1

Member Number
Hey all, looking to outboard the rear shocks on my yj, stretched 6 inches in the rear and 2 in the front with motobilt stuff, but I'm not running full width axles, so wouldn't have room to run the shocks up to the inner fenders and cage and not hit the tires flexing. Would it be a bad idea to French in some shock towers with leaf springs? Thanks

This has been done many times…. Google will probably lead to the old place…. I gotta buddy that did this to his… can get you some pics if you’re looking for something specific!!!

This has been done many times…. Google will probably lead to the old place…. I gotta buddy that did this to his… can get you some pics if you’re looking for something specific!!!
That would be awesome! Was just worried about still being leaf sprung and doing that to the frame if it would still be strong enough

I think you're strength will be fine as long as you use a beefy tower and get good welds.
I think they're usually for coilovers, and pretty solid, was thinking the Barnes ones, they're ¼ inch, the frame is about an ⅛th so definitely stronger than that

I gotta buddy that did this to his… can get you some pics if you’re looking for something specific!!!
98abo8lvkau51.jpg

Top Back Refresh