What's new

Four wheel camper caboverlanding

Nice setup, a FWC or Palomino is my eventual goal too.
Having owned 2 Palomino's for the last ten years, if I was going to buy another it would probably be a Northwood. The quality seems better to me. I've never had any major issues such as leaks or anything structural, but interior quality/durability isn't the best with Forest River. It seems I am always gluing or reattaching some trim piece somewhere. Currently having to recover all the seat cushions on our dinette because the vinyl is somehow delaminating or peeling from the fabric backing. I think the overall quality of my 2011 Palomino was better than my current 2014 model.

Oh yeah that is a short door.
My FWC with 4' door:
1676903687667.jpeg

Alaskan Camper flatbed with side door:
ads%2F2018%2F05%2FAlaskan-flatbed-camper-side-door.jpg

Slide-in with rear door:
A-Full-Height-Door.jpg

Having owned 2 Palomino's for the last ten years, if I was going to buy another it would probably be a Northwood. The quality seems better to me. I've never had any major issues such as leaks or anything structural, but interior quality/durability isn't the best with Forest River. It seems I am always gluing or reattaching some trim piece somewhere. Currently having to recover all the seat cushions on our dinette because the vinyl is somehow delaminating or peeling from the fabric backing. I think the overall quality of my 2011 Palomino was better than my current 2014 model.
Same here.
My camper is a '98/I bought it in '06/used it with two boys ever since.

Two years ago; for space and simplicity, I decided to gut the interior of my camper.
It's just a hole now:
1677512028337.jpeg

The only issue I have currently is leaking from the driver side roof edge.

Same here.
My camper is a '98/I bought it in '06/used it with two boys ever since.

Two years ago; for space and simplicity, I decided to gut the interior of my camper.
It's just a hole now:
1677512028337.jpeg

The only issue I have currently is leaking from the driver side roof edge.

Do you have finished pics of the interior or is that how it is now? I have an old Palomino that I picked up cheap in 2020. It was great with my wife and son, but I’m literally sitting here in the delivery room waiting on #2 :laughing: I’ve considered some sort of bunk beds or gut it for floor sleeping, curious to see what you have done.

8CC92FC6-18E6-4073-9FA4-BCEAACADCA6F.jpeg

D529BF5D-7804-4682-BAB9-DDBB0A691E66.jpeg

Do you have finished pics of the interior or is that how it is now? I have an old Palomino that I picked up cheap in 2020. It was great with my wife and son, but I’m literally sitting here in the delivery room waiting on #2 :laughing: I’ve considered some sort of bunk beds or gut it for floor sleeping, curious to see what you have done.

8CC92FC6-18E6-4073-9FA4-BCEAACADCA6F.jpeg
That's how it is now and will stay.
1678141714423.jpeg

1678141918991.jpeg

1678142035397.jpeg

I'm trying different interior set ups.
For simplicity/K.I.S.S. I'll probably keep the interior empty.

Top Back Refresh