What's new

Fordyce 2022

How is signal peak in the snow?

BigWheel copy. I figured as much but not to sure of good places to snow wheel in the area. Living in auburn now

You're right at the base of the snow wheelin up there. Google maps and start exploring. Head up 49 or 20

Anyone want to do a fordyce day trip soon? I'm free most mondays

I've done a bunch of deep snow wheelin, and the bottom side of Fordyce seems like a great way to end up fucked or dead.

I have wheeled in from the top through meadow with 5-6' drifts on memorial day. Which was fun, but probably a waste of time this time of year.

I was on road 19 last weekend and the melt was on.
The shady shit was tough...
+-6000' on 80 above fordyce on the map

YotaAtieToo when is a good time to hit fordyce?

August :flipoff2:

Really thought, you gotta check the flows.

That memorial trip with the big snow drifts, the flows were crazy. We crossed the middle crossing that's normally split and the water was up to my door handle :laughing:

That was the year those guy hydrolocked a few trucks all daisy chained together.

Looks like it's basically nothing right now, but the snow will be super scetchy.

-30 cfm means nothing if the lake is empty, but the melt goes "Eppic"
I am so ready to get out ...

Last edited:
-30 cfm means nothing if the lake is empty, but the melt goes "Eppic"
I am so ready to get our:flipoff2:
Man, I never know wtf you're talking about. :flipoff2:

Are the gates still wide open for dam construction? Either way spring melt will get the flows up usually. The other thing you gotta watch is in spring, the damn may say ~240 cfs, which would be fine at committee, but by the time you get to the first crossing, might be too much. You have snow melt coming in all the way down.

It used to be no one even tried untill about July.

Rattlesnake is closed and covered in snow.
I've heard there really isn't a lot of snow on Eagle Lake side.

Kinda what I was saying..
Gage is not reading the melt below the "gauge"

Was raining at 6k earlier but cal trans cams show snow right now.

1652130642003.png

Guess the thaw is ON...

Went in 5/4 from Eagle Lakes to WH3. Came out 5/6. Yeah... water definitely came up! 3 rigs on the following: 37's, 39.5's, 43's. I'll try to get videos up later.

Also - the right line on WH3 got filled in and the correct bypass (middle... not that f**ing abomination to the left) got blasted. WTF? Trying to make the trail more *inclusive???
WH3.jpg
bypass.jpg

Crazy! I heard they did some blasting right before winter

Karen Shambaughs folley?
Or f.o.f.?
Hope they aint gunna pull a paving job (read making it prius ready l o l) like they did the con...

I'm awful at putting up content (just lazy I suppose)... but hope these links work. Enjoy.

Didn't go further than WH3 due to a blown diff, but conditions didn't look too bad beyond. There where still some snow drifts (mostly after Committee).

Headed out to the trail this afternoon. Through eagle lakes. Planning to make it to wh1 and stay the night then back out sunday

Went in 5/4 from Eagle Lakes to WH3. Came out 5/6. Yeah... water definitely came up! 3 rigs on the following: 37's, 39.5's, 43's. I'll try to get videos up later.

Also - the right line on WH3 got filled in and the correct bypass (middle... not that f**ing abomination to the left) got blasted. WTF? Trying to make the trail more *inclusive???

Filling in the party line seems odd. Not surprising that they tried to make the "bypass" easier. It's the only winch Hill that doesn't have an easy by pass.

The problem is where does it stop? The narrow spot just below that is just as hard or harder as the bypass was.

As long as they don't go full Rubicon, it should be fine. :laughing:

Reactions: Clb
I was listening to snail trail podcast and the guy they were interviewing was talking about how he got forest service involved to make it easier. The goal was to get a 2 dr JK on 35s through WH3.

In my opinion he seemed pretty proud to accomplish making the trail easier. :mad3::barf::shaking:

Top Back Refresh