What's new

Fnlc

Worked 4 hours. Went to the dump. Ran errands in town for a couple hours. Came home and fell asleep on my chair. It’s 1730 and still 100 outside. Need to put the barrel of Modelo in the fridge and get some outside stuff done.

Cleaned out the deep freeze. Found stuff from 2017. Ready to be filled again, looking ferward to elk hunt in oct. Need to load it up with bags of ice again to fill the space.

Smoked some salmon and corn fer me and wife. Kid went to work.
About to nap. Hope wife can give me a haircut.
Tomorrow is my monday.
Hopefully you didn’t toss any meat out. We cube up all the old freezer meat and can it. Makes an excellent meal in a jar. Looks nasty but tastes great. Once canned its self life is damn near forever.

screwed around on the lake all afternoon. Smoked a pork butt for dinner for all the guests. Got to take a 1.5hr liberty break to head to the gym and participate in one of the guys sharkbait. Was not good he got winded bad.

Heading back to the cabin to sit around the fire watch the kids play in the lake and wait for the fireworks to start.

screwed around on the lake all afternoon. Smoked a pork butt for dinner for all the guests. Got to take a 1.5hr liberty break to head to the gym and participate in one of the guys sharkbait. Was not good he got winded bad.

Heading back to the cabin to sit around the fire watch the kids play in the lake and wait for the fireworks to start.
Unfortunately some of it was meat. Very badly freezer burned.

Not in, normally I got nothing going on but today I got to jump out of this a few times. It’s a 1941 C45 that was sent back to beechcraft and converted into a Twin Beech when the military was done with it. A little slow to altitude but hearing the radial’s sing was worth it.

FF06D3DC-A573-4BAC-8DD5-61785F461B41.jpeg
5FFD6D05-4636-48E1-A83D-8F23AE99CCE5.jpeg

Hopefully you didn’t toss any meat out. We cube up all the old freezer meat and can it. Makes an excellent meal in a jar. Looks nasty but tastes great. Once canned its self life is damn near forever.
This is on my list of notfuckinghappening.

I like the gallon jugs of water with screw top lids. They’re great for that, plus they act as big contained blocks of ice while hunting, help hold the temp during a power outage, and are a source of potable water if your power goes out.
salt water keeps your food frozen
plain water keeps your food refrigerated but not frozen

Not in, normally I got nothing going on but today I got to jump out of this a few times. It’s a 1941 C45 that was sent back to beechcraft and converted into a Twin Beech when the military was done with it. A little slow to altitude but hearing the radial’s sing was worth it.

FF06D3DC-A573-4BAC-8DD5-61785F461B41.jpeg
5FFD6D05-4636-48E1-A83D-8F23AE99CCE5.jpeg
Nothing like the sound of twin radials!
I was lucky, in that I was comutting to work in a Vietnam era De Havilland C7 Caribou. :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

1 side of the tailgate figured out and tacked.
Would have been easier if they weren't too skinny.
Only 86" of gate and need 92"

The panels are crazy expensive. Paid like $1000 used for 10 panels. New the truck outfitter wanted almost $5000, and that's 4 years ago price.
20240705_202949.jpg

Last edited:
In now. Bought some fireworks this afternoon for whenever. went to one of the best fireworks show around here, which is weird because its a town of like 75 people. they changed where they fire them off from this year, so the guys house we watch them from was maybe 200 ft from the launch site

1 side of the tailgate figured out and tacked.
Would have been easier if they weren't too skinny.
Only 86" of gate and need 92"

The panels are crazy expensive. Paid like $1000 used for 10 panels. New the truck outfitter wanted almost $5000, and that's 4 years ago price.
20240705_202949.jpg
Bought a 6X4 expanded metal at a garage sale friday $40

Top Back Refresh