What's new

Fnlc

In - had the week off but wife is sick so pretty much been just avoiding her/getting sick. Was supposed to be in FL for NYE with friends, but had to cancel. Very expensive cancel since everything was booked kind of last minute so we paid $ for tickets etc. Friends had booked a boat cruise for today, and dinner at a fancy Cuban place for tomorrow. Worse than the $$ loss is the fact that this was our only time we have been able to match work schedules to be able to do this.

So I am playing in the garage drinking beers, prob make sicky some dinner in a bit then come back out here.

In.

I was gonna have a dindunuffin day but my old mother changed all that by accidentally triggering he help device.:laughing: We decided to put off the groceries and Costco run until tomorrow and instead I made a beer run. GF is busy cookin and drinkin' as am I although a nap is sounding pretty good right now. I am also thinkin' maybe calling the Chinese place and get some dinner tonight rather than tomorrow which is gonna be a busy enough night for them anyway.

In. Just threw a potroast in the oven. Been raining off and on all day, supposed to really dump tonight. No motivation to do anything.

May break out the label maker to make labels for dads electric panel so he knows what to leave off when he has to run the generator. Got bright yellow label tape so he knows what to turn off and white for the ones he can leave on.

In
Middle niece and her family are visiting his parents came by once this week for an hour or so. Haven't heard from the other 2 who are supposed to be so worried about the way I am taking care of mom, they didn't even call her at Christmas, (the nephew texted me, but nothing from the eldest niece who started this whole shit show)
Middle niece's husband immediately started pointing out how, He would have built the wooden sidewalk, this is the same guy who after buying my brother's house started telling me, the licensed electrician that I had run to much wire! Anyway just heard from her, she is in contact with some contractor to come finish my projects, fine by me then I don't have to get out in the cold , damn arthritis in my knees and hips hurt enough.

In. Day off work. Didn't do much. Online shopped for new bedding, just plain irritating. Discovered people will ruin bacon and chocolate chip cookies, by combining the 2. May try to visit the girlfriend, Christmas gift I forgot I ordered showed up. Hopefully penisary adventures if I get over by her. Feeling cute, may start a thread or 2.

Visited a couple jobsites this morning and then went to cabelas with my daughter. Stopped at a grocery store on the way home and picked up some raw dawg. They make a really good spicy raw dawg.
Tonight is going to be a lazy one and probably be in bed early. I‘m planning on hunting in the morning.
I just started watching the original Fantasy Island series from the 70’s. I remember watching it every week as a kid.

In
Another long week in the books. Sipping on some bourbon since I ran out of beer a few days ago. Will go to the beer store tomorrow to get a couple cases just to have them on hand. Wife wants to loose weight and wants to cut sugar and whatnot so to support her moar bourbon might be in my future, wife hardly drinks.
Edit Knee hurts and been pissing me off all day from slipping on ice.

Last edited:
In.

Put my 40hrs in yesterday by 1:30 so I left work and took today off to extend my long weekend. Had plans to do some yard and fence stuff this morning but we got a few inches of rain last night and that squashed those plans. Ended up sleeping late and hanging out in the garage most of the day. I took my wife to town earlier so she could pick up the rental car her mother wanted to get to bring them to the airport on Monday. Apparently my wife's JKUR on 37s, my F250 and F550 4x4's are all to high for her to get into and out of even with a milk crate step. :laughing:

Right now I'm back out in the garage pulling my race car transfer case apart and planning out how to remove a bunch of rotating mass from the internals to exploit the gray areas of the new rules. :smokin:

20221229_203957.jpg

20221229_224337.jpg

Got fucked into working Tues, Wed, Thurs morning.

Got home about 9:30am yesterday did nothing but hang out with my wife. Woke up this morning with plans to finally find and fix the bad conact switch in my Excursion causing the dome light to stay on. Then run and get a bolt for the hood hinge on my Pete. That turned into a Walmart run 35mi away instead of me doing what I needed. Half through the day started feeling like shit and getting a sore throat. Now I'm on the couch with some Thera Flu and IBprofen in me.

Whole weekend is fucked.

The rental car place in town gave my wife a Mitsubishi something or other as a mid size suv rental. :eek: I didn't know those fuckers still imported shitty cars to the US. I figured they gave up a long time ago because everyone knew they only made shitty cars..... I can't wait to test drive what I'm expecting to be a giant pile of shit tomorrow. :lmao:

Top Back Refresh