What's new

FNLC

KarlVP

Not Sure
Member Number
Loc
Crusty's Brewing, Wa
In. Didn't do shit all day. The kids are out for the weekend riding horses. Making pizza for dinner. Then maybe some netflix and chill.

In. Out on a date with a goat on a boat, ramming a gate. Just like the movies.

Dinner, and drinks on the deck tonight with my wife and dog. It's been a long marathon of cleaning shit out of our house and repairing stuff prepping to GTFO of Illinois next month.

in
just harvested and 500 sunflowers hung them up, will let them dry and harvest the seeds for next year.

In. Went out this morning blueberry picking, got around four pounds in a couple of hours, muffins and pancakes tomorrow. Did the Costco and groceries after and just beat the monsoon home. Gonna sit and down the OG Coors and just do nothing for the rest of the night.

in
just harvested and 500 sunflowers hung them up, will let them dry and harvest the seeds for next year.

Cool. We've grown them, but never tried to harvest them. Do you process them in some way?

I'm in. Just ordered Chinese food.

Watching the smoke float through from all the fires. If this keeps up, I'm guessing my parents house will be gone. Dads done a good job with hardscape and fake grass, but if the hill catches, they are done for. Knowing mom she'll just sit in the house and let it burn around her :(

In soon. Work till 11 then I am gonna toss down some beer and grill a steak probably at 2am.

Watching the smoke float through from all the fires. If this keeps up, I'm guessing my parents house will be gone. Dads done a good job with hardscape and fake grass, but if the hill catches, they are done for. Knowing mom she'll just sit in the house and let it burn around her :(

I was super worried about that last night. Mom shut her phone off to use for emergencies only. She got out, but still no word on the house.

Cool. We've grown them, but never tried to harvest them. Do you process them in some way?

Dude....God damn.

:frown:

Wild Salmon done in a honey garlic lemon sauce in a pan, finished on the grill, peaches and cream candy corn, wild rice,
watching Throttlrout 100 mile texas road bike ride on motortrend. Packing for a 15 day road trip to Yellerstone.

just hang em upside down, tied off of rafters, after drying remove seeds, keep in a cool dark dry place till ready to replant.

praying for your family

this years field. Click image for larger version  Name:	20200803_170205.jpg Views:	0 Size:	757.4 KB ID:	109900

In Southern Utah; fucking choking on the smoke from Kalifornia. :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3: I can smell that shit inside the house; outside it will gag you. This is some fucking serious shit!

just hang em upside down, tied off of rafters, after drying remove seeds, keep in a cool dark dry place till ready to replant.

this years field.

Ahh, I was thinking for eating. Roasted and salted or something like that.

Dude....God damn.

:frown:

Shes 5 foot nothing and less than 100 pounds. I'm fairly certain 6' 250+ pound dad will just toss her ass in the trunk if she refuses to leave. She has some undiagnosed mental problems. She refuses to leave the house and only does when we force her. She even skipped her own 80th birthday with all the family at the Spinnaker in Sausalito.

Shes brilliant and reads all day, but is kind of a bitch:eek:

prayes for your family

same if you roast them, but soak in salt water before roasting, so gets good and salty

Thanks, they're all good. I already have all their important paperwork. Dads been doing his death cleaning for years so there's not much important or sentimental left in the house. I just hope they listen and leave if/when told. They are both stubborn.

The wife found a bottle of Thunderbird wine at the grocery store. Reliving our old college days. I'm glad I don't have shit to do tomorrow.

Made it home after 28 days, chilling with wife and dogs. Trying my hand at making Moscow Mules...

In. Wife is hanging out with her friends, dropped her off earlier and am to pick her up later (designated driver).

Went for a spirited drive in the Mirror Lake Highway area earlier today, that was just what was needed. After that I ran some errands and got more tequila (margarita is my go to summer drink).

Got Swordfish on the boobtube and perusing interwebz...

Also managed to solve my Miata cooling semi-issue. When I did T-belt and water pump job I also replaced radiator, hoses and Tstat (new coolant of course).
Always thought car was running a bit hot (199-206 range), at least for my taste.

I mounted the front license plate on a homemade bracket and it was covering a very small portion of the radiator on the driver side.
With license plate removed now its at 190-197 range, and that is beating on it earlier today (96* day).
I am ok with this solution for now, in due time I plan on doing crossflow radiator and larger Spal fans - once that is done I doubt it will ever see 200* again.

Shes 5 foot nothing and less than 100 pounds. I'm fairly certain 6' 250+ pound dad will just toss her ass in the trunk if she refuses to leave. She has some undiagnosed mental problems. She refuses to leave the house and only does when we force her. She even skipped her own 80th birthday with all the family at the Spinnaker in Sausalito.

Shes brilliant and reads all day, but is kind of a bitch:eek:

Still your mom and dad. My folks are still mentally all there, but physically I do for them what they can't anymore. I can't imagine being in your shoes right now.

In

Ran my usual errands in town. Looked for some .38 ammo for Mrs, no luck, shelves are still bare 😕

Cooked what is becoming a Friday staple... Rare Filet Mignon, sautéed mushrooms, baked potatoes, and salad :smokin:

We are now enjoying Rum&cokes looking for a movie to watch, and trying to convince the dog it is just too nasty outside to go out just to go out

In

Ran my usual errands in town. Looked for some .38 ammo for Mrs, no luck, shelves are still bare 😕

Cooked what is becoming a Friday staple... Rare Filet Mignon, sautéed mushrooms, baked potatoes, and salad :smokin:

We are now enjoying Rum&cokes looking for a movie to watch, and trying to convince the dog it is just too nasty outside to go out just to go out

I think I have a box, dont own a 38 and will be driving through sac possibly tomorrow on my way to pick up my daughter. I could meet you somewhere if you want it.

edit: yup, just checked, still have it. .38 special 130gr. FMJ

Last edited:
In, I went to change front tires on the service truck and it needs brake pads. Order the pads get the calipers cleaned up and it needs the piston dust seals ordered those it didn't get done today. I called my cousin she said she is heading to Salinas in the morning to be a volunteer firefighter.
now I'm sitting on the couch with my daughter watching turbo.
To all of you with stubborn family members I hope that they are able to do what needs to be done.

The wife found a bottle of Thunderbird wine at the grocery store. Reliving our old college days. I'm glad I don't have shit to do tomorrow.

Now I've seen the light and heard the word, and I'm staying away from that ol' dirty Thunderbird. :flipoff2:

Recouping from 2 straight days of driving.

Finished my 4x12 shifts and picked the kiddo up from daycare... entertained her until her bedtime since the wife works til 11 and after laying her down, I packed the truck for my 7hr drive tomorrow....... hitting a 7hr drive tomorrow to (hopefully) put in an offer on a new house. I have 42? days until Ive made my family homeless from selling our current spot, and Im working full time or more until the company "decides" to cut my severance check... maybe October? Probably the most stressed Ive ever been in my life with everything going on combined with fires, corona bs, etc....
Just looking at the light at the end of the tunnel..... lol

Last edited:
Was at work at 5:45. Sitting on couch with a few beers and grub in me. Gonna crash soon. Watching Bering sea gold.

Finished my 4x12 shifts and picked the kiddo up from daycare... entertained her until her bedtime since the wife works til 11 and after laying her down, I packed the truck for my 7hr drive tomorrow....... hitting a 7hr drive tomorrow to (hopefully) put in an offer on a new house. I have 42? days until Ive made my family homeless from selling our current spot, and Im working full time or more until the company "decides" to cut my severance check... maybe October? Probably the most stressed Ive ever been in my life with everything going on combined with fires, corona bs, etc....
Just looking at the light at the end of the tunnel..... lol

Where are you moving to?

in

Just curious...I like snacking on sunflower seeds, for the regular size David (or whatever) bag, what's that work out to as far as flowers? Bags per flower, or flowers per bag, etc?

Last edited:
Bolted motor, transmission, and t-case back into my buggy then started working on front driveshaft center bearing mount.

Stilling on the couch working on map for trail cut tomorrow at a new private property. Laying off the bottle tonight.

Top Back Refresh