What's new

Flipper zero

I want one, but ain't paying the new price for one. Maybe 40-50$ if I find one used with a bunch of extras

have heard of it.
they took a bunch of opensource tools and gave it a fun frontend.
you can get all the functionality and build your own for not a ton of money.
but honestly if you're not a hardware electronics nerd it's worth the $160 bucks if you can find one at MSRP.
When they launched they were short on supply and dumb people were buying them on ebay for $300.

There was a kid's toy for texting between kids in the house called an "IM ME". With a similar firmware, it would do the same stuff. They started bringing crazy cash on eBay once the firmware was released. This just seems like an upgraded version of that.

That site reads like a different language.
In plain terms, what is the product used for?
sniffing the air around you in multiple radio bands looking for things to play with.
a ton of NFC hacking/cloning stuff.
some hardware hacking tools on the GPIO pins
general mischief.

now that they're back in stock at MSRP I just ordered one. it's not worth the time to build one.

I got 2 for work. Haven't had a chance to mess with them much but more to see what info I can grab from access cards or doors to troubleshoot our systems.

That site reads like a different language.
In plain terms, what is the product used for?
Simplest form, It copies radio frequency signals from devices/items. youtube will show you plenty of uses.

Pretty good to hack Wifi devices - as most modern WiFi adapters don't allow you to MAC spoof anymore.

WPA2 is not super hard to break. I had a know-it-all CISO that was obsessed with changing the fucking guest WIFI PW at the office (instead of leaving it open and putting in a captive portal). Rather than having to find him or call him and work boomer hours (6am to 2pm), I found it faster crack the WiFi with Kali Linux combined with a unknown increase of 20% VM processing load and then post the PW to a private Slack channel.

Never played too much with the Bluetooth or rolling code stuff.

Last edited:
If it was $30-40 I'd have one. Most people who bought into the tiktok hacker bs got bored with turning off mcdonald's tvs and left theirs to collect dust. You wont be stealing credit card info, cars, getting free drinks, or breaking into hotel rooms with one. There's better gear for that.

If it was $30-40 I'd have one. Most people who bought into the tiktok hacker bs got bored with turning off mcdonald's tvs and left theirs to collect dust. You wont be stealing credit card info, cars, getting free drinks, or breaking into hotel rooms with one. There's better gear for that.
Thats kinda where I’m falling, little on the pricy side to end up in the drawer.

If the vendor built in a backdoor, it seems like a prime opportunity to get all the users stuff at home hacked or just put on a watch list, assuming you're not ultra-elite nerd IT security qualified and master level of understanding the OS

If the vendor built in a backdoor, it seems like a prime opportunity to get all the users stuff at home hacked or just put on a watch list, assuming you're not ultra-elite nerd IT security qualified and master level of understanding the OS
Like a giant vacuum all going to China. I fear this is happening on scales that the US hasn't even begun to think of. Honestly short of just not buying any electronics, the normal everyday user isn't going to have a clue about devices phoning home with data drops. There really isn't a good or pheasable way to protect Joe blo and his home tech from any of this. ISPs can't save you because it could just use a US hop then onto a VPN through a 3rd party country.

With AI coming on strong, the end has begun. Our enemies likely know when we shit every morning and when we go to bed with everything in between captured as well.

We are fucked until the internet and power grid are all but eliminated long enough for society to start over without them.

Just my thoughts and 2cents. I'm legitimately terrified of our coming future. I don't think it's very far off now either.

the code is open source.

Like a giant vacuum all going to China. I fear this is happening on scales that the US hasn't even begun to think of. Honestly short of just not buying any electronics, the normal everyday user isn't going to have a clue about devices phoning home with data drops. There really isn't a good or pheasable way to protect Joe blo and his home tech from any of this. ISPs can't save you because it could just use a US hop then onto a VPN through a 3rd party country.

With AI coming on strong, the end has begun. Our enemies likely know when we shit every morning and when we go to bed with everything in between captured as well.

We are fucked until the internet and power grid are all but eliminated long enough for society to start over without them.

Just my thoughts and 2cents. I'm legitimately terrified of our coming future. I don't think it's very far off now either.

Username checks out

the code is open source.

yeah and to someone who doesn't know what that open source code means (myself included) tracking/spyware could be easily insertable and with a device designed to hack stuff, that just seems too convenient/ easy target/low hanging fruit. makes buying an amazon echo to insert into your network and invite it to eavesdrop on you 24/7 seem like small potatoes.

Like a giant vacuum all going to China. I fear this is happening on scales that the US hasn't even begun to think of.
Yeah, think of all the stuff that charges by USB now. How much of it gets plugged into a computer?

We infected Iran's air gapped nuclear centrifuge system with a thumb drive, had to infect 80% of the worlds computers to do it, but it worked.

yeah and to someone who doesn't know what that open source code means (myself included) tracking/spyware could be easily insertable and with a device designed to hack stuff, that just seems too convenient/ easy target/low hanging fruit. makes buying an amazon echo to insert into your network and invite it to eavesdrop on you 24/7 seem like small potatoes.
open source code is open to everyone.
you don't think that a bunch of security nerds haven't already looked it over?
I trust the people developing the flipper for fun more than I trust corporate america.
open source is the purity brother. peer reviewed and community developed.

got home yesterday to my awaiting flipper.

Is a nicely made device.
Slammed the unleashed firmware on it. It will be fun for mischief. Read some NFC cards.
Should have ordered the wifi and gpio board. so now I'm waiting on those.

bluetooth device spam is amusing.
Gotta program it to lock shopping cart wheels.

spammed my wife's phone with bluetooth device connect requests.

works.
gonna piss people off.
started sniffing frequencies for car remotes.
bad things could be done easily with it.
does it jam cell phones? or wifI?
if it goes, I might be interested?:grinpimp:

Damn you fuckers are going to make me order one. Messing with all the unsecured blue hair devices in RV parks could be a full time job.

When I used to travel alot in the 2000s I'd be bored at the airport and hop on wifi but not pay for internet. I'd use angry IP Scanner to see alive hosts and use file explorer to hit each one checking for file shares. I've read and seen lots of files from fortune 500 companies to grannies pictures. Sometimes I'd create a new folder named 'I_Was_Here' and move all of their existing folders into it to bring to their attention that their file shares were wide open.

This flipper thing would be fun, but I'm trying to resist as I'd probably end up in prison with no one to send me junk food money.:homer:

I would just use it to make the paranoid people more paranoid

I knew a lady that was always watching the neighbor, it was a small engine repair business.
She knew they were always up to something shady, and it was about to go down any day now

then shows me the wifi, and seeeee. (lowers voice) 'FBI Van' is always out there, but they are always parked where I can't see it
:laughing:

got home yesterday to my awaiting flipper.

Is a nicely made device.
Slammed the unleashed firmware on it. It will be fun for mischief. Read some NFC cards.
Should have ordered the wifi and gpio board. so now I'm waiting on those.

bluetooth device spam is amusing.
Gotta program it to lock shopping cart wheels.

Damn you fuckers are going to make me order one. Messing with all the unsecured blue hair devices in RV parks could be a full time job.

When I used to travel alot in the 2000s I'd be bored at the airport and hop on wifi but not pay for internet. I'd use angry IP Scanner to see alive hosts and use file explorer to hit each one checking for file shares. I've read and seen lots of files from fortune 500 companies to grannies pictures. Sometimes I'd create a new folder named 'I_Was_Here' and move all of their existing folders into it to bring to their attention that their file shares were wide open.

This flipper thing would be fun, but I'm trying to resist as I'd probably end up in prison with no one to send me junk food money.:homer:
You fuckers really are going to make me but one of these to play with while I travel arent you

:homer::flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh