What's new

fix my Google Fu...

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
I am trying to find a part for a Kohler engine... can't seem to find anything online, but I'm sure that's user error....

Specifically, I need part 46 in this diagram.... anyone happen to have better search skills than I do?
Capture.JPG

well with the info given all i can google is kohler engine part 46 :flipoff2:

you got a year make and model on that thing? and what the do-hicky do?

well with the info given all i can google is kohler engine part 46 :flipoff2:

you got a year make and model on that thing? and what the do-hicky do?

Touche...

Kohler CH440-0014... 2019 model. it's the fuel/ignition on/off lever. And it's poorly designed.

Kohler Lever Fuel Shutoff #KOH-17 090 07-S

if you google this^ you can find em on amazon or ebay

idk if that parts warehouse is legit or if theyll send anthrax and glitter :laughing:

I'm usually pretty good with this stuff. give me a sec

Actually, looks like there are two different carbs. That above part isn't the right one.

Actually, looks like there are two different carbs. That above part isn't the right one.

frustrating, isn't it? :D

worse comes to worse, I use the one above and re-wire the ignition switch to work separately...

Last edited:
Yep, found a dozen different sites, and it skips right over that part number. :homer:

It almost looks like the different levers do the same thing? Like one has a large "fin" than another?

Damn....hard to believe it's not already been suggested. Slackers....LS swap that bitch :flipoff2:

Damn....hard to believe it's not already been suggested. Slackers....LS swap that bitch :flipoff2:

I think an LS is a bit of overkill for a manual sawmill... if it was hydraulic, then maybe... but I'm not pushing a v8 for and aft to cut lumber. :flipoff2:

I think an LS is a bit of overkill for a manual sawmill... if it was hydraulic, then maybe... but I'm not pushing a v8 for and aft to cut lumber. :flipoff2:

Just how fast do you want to cut? :flipoff2:

I'd reach out to a few a people and inquire about:

Kohler 1709087-S Fuel Shutoff Lever Kit

I sent three emails out. None of the LiveChats are working on any of the places. :homer:

Someone got back to me:

Me-
"https://cc.shankslawn.com/oemparts/a/cut/5b74c16a87a8661288176ac3/kohler-ch440-3204-fuel-system

Item #27

What part is that? I've been looking for a number all over. Thank you."

Them-

"SHUT OFF LEVER.. YOUR USES #7 INSTEAD. THEY USE A GENERIC DIAGRAM WITH ALL THE VARIATIONS SHOWN. YOU CAN ONLY CLICK ON THE ONE USED WITH YOUR SPEC, WHICH IS #7.

WAYNE A SINGHAS

SHANK'S LAWN EQUIPMENT

717.375.4455"

Welp. That's the best I can do. I'm usually really good with that stuff too. :homer:

Top Back Refresh