What's new

Five gallon gas cans/jugs that don't suck.

$36.99 from Amazon. This is all I use anymore.......

41Nk+DawTtL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Just drill a hole in the back and add a valve stem, works great with the gurgling spouts.

These are what I use. NATO fuel cans, they are tough and can banged around without damage. Bought a pallet of them years ago and they are still being used to this day.

that looks like a bigger opening than the chinese ones I've been using

All cans are good if you do away with the government horse shit

Man. I bought these and the collars all broke on them. I snug them up, and every last one snapped. It was really cold out, so I'm sure that's why, but I'm just going to get some new jugs. The VP ones look to be the ticket.

Man. I bought these and the collars all broke on them. I snug them up, and every last one snapped. It was really cold out, so I'm sure that's why, but I'm just going to get some new jugs. The VP ones look to be the ticket.

They are the shittiest plastic I've ever seen, no uv resistance and brittle below 40 degrees.

I tried to be civilized but went back to the hillbilly valve stem method :flipoff2:

The standard red ones with the spillproof spout get much better if you take a self tapping screw and put an air vent on them. Also cut the stupid child lock tab off with a pair of dykes.

There seem to be several different brands and styles of replacement spouts via an Amazon search. I buy the EZ brand ones at tractor supply and farm and fleet and have not had any issues with them. I am baffled that so many guys on this board have so many issues with something as simple as a gas can lol

This is my super hungover buddy trying to fill the generator with one of those dumbass CA compliant cans to make coffee in the morning. We had some great laughs at his expense.

DSC04061.JPG

DSC04063.JPG

[486 said:
;n318288]

that looks like a bigger opening than the chinese ones I've been using

There are 3 sizes of openings of the euro cans. There is the standard, the old "large mouth" and then an odd one the French used that you can't hardly find spouts for. The large one is obviously larger:

IMG_4095.jpg

Top Back Refresh