What's new

Fitting a Taccom ultrafeed barrel to a FM-9 lower

CJNTN

Member Number
I have a Foxtrot Mike lower and wanted to use the Taccom 5.5" ultrafeed barrel but the ramp interferes with LRBHO and the front of the magazine when I insert it.

Another option I have is to use a Spinta barrel that doesn't have any problems.

Does anyone have experience filing the feed ramp? How much is acceptable? I can try to get a picture later.

I have a Foxtrot Mike lower and wanted to use the Taccom 5.5" ultrafeed barrel but the ramp interferes with LRBHO and the front of the magazine when I insert it.

Another option I have is to use a Spinta barrel that doesn't have any problems.

Does anyone have experience filing the feed ramp? How much is acceptable? I can try to get a picture later.
Why are you using that barrel? I swapped barrels on my FM9. I used a ballistic advantage barrel and had zero feeding problems even with 165 grain ammo. The only feeding issues I’ve seen is with people using a .308 buffer spring.

Last edited:
I don't know that I need it, but since I'm finally putting this together, I was going to use it. I also have a Spinta barrel that I can use.

In the second picture, I installed the barrel and then inserted the magazine. The ramp holds the LRBO down which keeps it from working. It looks like I'd have to remove the left side of the ramp for the most part.

Attachments

• PXL_20220804_181811606.jpg
    PXL_20220804_181811606.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220804_182232127.jpg
    PXL_20220804_182232127.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 18
AR9 lowers are far from consistent design. I built a cmmg RDB 9mm kit and had to play with multiple lowers at the store to find one that would accommodate the mechanism and take glock mags. Didnt want to mess with those pmag conversions

AR9 lowers are far from consistent design. I built a cmmg RDB 9mm kit and had to play with multiple lowers at the store to find one that would accommodate the mechanism and take glock mags. Didnt want to mess with those pmag conversions
Were they different brands or all same brand? I wouldn't be surprised if different brands.

Were they different brands or all same brand? I wouldn't be surprised if different brands.
Different brands.

How they secure the mag varies - especially preventing overinsertion.
How the LRBHO works
One wouldn't even fit a factory glock mag
The design of the ejector varied, and some are easily removable (which i needed) others were not. Some the Ejector was part of the mag alignment

Top Back Refresh