What's new

NSFW Finger into cutting disc 35%

77fixer

Neighbor's Nightmare
Member Number
Loc
Council, ID
I joined the club of more serious injuries from a grinder today. I was using a cutting disc.

After stitching I went to Xray. The tech showed me the pics right after she took them. Thats how I got the pictures.

I was trying to pivot the guard while it was running. The guard was tighter than others I have, my hand slipped and I jammed that finger into the spinning disc.
7 stitches later
20221219_114231.jpg
20221219_120948.jpg
20221219_121758.jpg
20221219_121752.jpg

Ouch! I have done similar but didn't notch the bone. Thought the guard was facing me and pressed where it should have been.

Ouch!

But were you wearing your safety glasses?

Those death wheels are scary but I use the holy shit out of them.

Nothing about it was slow. My wife asked if wearing gloves with fingers would have helped. Nope, it was so fast, split second.
I've done the slow cut, that only makes it 1/16" before I stop. I had leather gloves on that time

I don't use guards at all of all people, :laughing:

I also unplug the grinder when swapping discs.

I swear I must have cut a mile of 1/8-1/4 steel over the years and every single inch of has been with a guard in place. I have never, ever felt the need to remove the guard yet judging by most of the fabricators on TV I’m doing it wrong.
And I’ve also never had the urge to adjust the guard on a still running grinder😂

Top Back Refresh