What's new

Find this part - Repair folding camp chair

89Breaker

Around
Member Number
I have a camp chair like this one >>> Max Shade Folding Chair - Red/Gray
Screen Shot 2023-04-21 at 09.43.23.png

The folding bracket on the underside of canopy broke and looking for an aftermarket replacement.
The bracket connects two poles and extends to open the canopy during use & folds for storage.
Naturally this part isn't offered by the manufacturer.

Total length of bracket is 3" when extended and the chair tube OD is 1/4".

Any ideas where I can find a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    709.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    450.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6854.jpeg
    IMG_6854.jpeg
    690.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have seen similar if not the same size, I am thinking like lighting mount or maybe flag pole and the local lumber yard, (Menards, Home deopt) Heck maybe even walmart.

Solar lighting maybe is where I saw it?

Buy a new chair :flipoff2: Camping chairs are pretty much a consumable item to me. I will zip tie / safety wire them back together a couple times then eventually toss it and get a new one. They are not worth spending the time to find the part to fix it when i can just grab a new cheapo from Sportsmans and move on. Just my .2 cents

Draw it up in Fusion360 and mill it out - or send the file to one of the online options.

Buy a new chair :flipoff2: Camping chairs are pretty much a consumable item to me.

The guy I know with a CNC mill and lathe recently made some parts for one of his friend's folding camp chairs. Probably had a few hundred dollars into it with design time, manufacturing time, and materials. All for a $25 chair...

But that's the issue with manufacturing these days. You throw out a $25 or $35 chair because some 15₵ part failed that you can't replace. Not only are you out the money, but you've filled up x cubic feet of landfill with something that could be used for many more years if the part was available.

Draw it up in Fusion360 and mill it out - or send the file to one of the online options.

The guy I know with a CNC mill and lathe recently made some parts for one of his friend's folding camp chairs. Probably had a few hundred dollars into it with design time, manufacturing time, and materials. All for a $25 chair...

But that's the issue with manufacturing these days. You throw out a $25 or $35 chair because some 15₵ part failed that you can't replace. Not only are you out the money, but you've filled up x cubic feet of landfill with something that could be used for many more years if the part was available.

Yea, a 3d printer would work but I dont have one.

Buy a new chair :flipoff2: Camping chairs are pretty much a consumable item to me. I will zip tie / safety wire them back together a couple times then eventually toss it and get a new one. They are not worth spending the time to find the part to fix it when i can just grab a new cheapo from Sportsmans and move on. Just my .2 cents

Why? Just because I can but another chair doesnt mean I want to.

Yea, a 3d printer would work but I dont have one.

Top Back Refresh