What's new

Fiber glass hoods and grills.

HELL BOUND

Member Number
Trying to plan out buggy deminsions. But can't find any mesurements on diffrent hoods. Post up whatcha got. And length height width front and rear deminsions please. Leaning towards a twisted customs fj40 hood. But would like to make it work with anything.

Just call Jason @ TwistedCustoms. Typical cowl width is 54" or narrow 48"., iirc but Jason will tell ya exactly. Shipping sucks right now for hoods and grills due to COVID. Depends where ya are sometime can find a ride with someone driving through or by.

I have some 59" wide Jimmy's 4x4 fiberglass for sale in the classifieds. Stuff needs a new home.....

20201121_160638.jpg

20201121_160650.jpg

20201121_160629.jpg

Just call Jason @ TwistedCustoms. Typical cowl width is 54" or narrow 48"., iirc but Jason will tell ya exactly. Shipping sucks right now for hoods and grills due to COVID. Depends where ya are sometime can find a ride with someone driving through or by.

Thats ok I haven't even started with the tube yet. Just designing it in bendtech and I've kinda guessed with the mesurements. I'm 51 inches wide at the cowl. Anyone make something off the shelf close too that? Its gonna be a 4 seater and i just think 48 inches wide will look funny.Any idea what the length usually is and the width at the front? I'll call tomorrow and ask just got time today to screw with this program today.

I have some 59" wide Jimmy's 4x4 fiberglass for sale in the classifieds. Stuff needs a new home.....

I noticed that the other day. Just wider than what I'm after. Guess it could always be cut down. Ill think about it. Was really leaning towards my toyota roots with the 40 hood tho.

If you can though whats the length including the cowl from front to back?

I'm not 100% sure on that. I could probably get you a measurement in the next few days, the parts are in my storage container at work.

When I built the Jeep posted in my for sale ad I cut about 1.5" off the back of the hood and cut the sides on a slight forward angle to tip it down at the front for better visibility. Other than a case of the "itchys", fiberglass body parts are way easier to play with vs steel.

Well dont make a special trip for that. I can call jimmys and a few other places tomorrow and get some numbers.

Yeah just call Jason. He's usually up at the shop around 10-11am and works pretty late. Getting a couple trucks ready for KOH but he's always willing chat.

Stock later ('76-up IIRC) Jeep CJ hood is 59" wide, 39-5/8" long, cowl adds 14" to that (from back of hood to front of door clear-space opening), I have early and late CJ hoods if you want more dimensions off of them I can measure, but they're all over the internet as well. Probably not so useful being that it's known-too-wide, but it's often easier to say "stock X narrowed 8 inches" than to try to convey how to make a one-off.

Stock later ('76-up IIRC) Jeep CJ hood is 59" wide, 39-5/8" long, cowl adds 14" to that (from back of hood to front of door clear-space opening), I have early and late CJ hoods if you want more dimensions off of them I can measure, but they're all over the internet as well. Probably not so useful being that it's known-too-wide, but it's often easier to say "stock X narrowed 8 inches" than to try to convey how to make a one-off.

Thanks was really looking for the length mesurements. I'll check that against my drawing tonight.

I noticed Campbells has an fj40 hood. I’ve been thinking that may be the way I go. I need to call em and get measurements to see if it will fit my chassis. Maybe give them a call to see if it would fit. From the pics it looks to be stock hood size.

I noticed Campbells has an fj40 hood. I’ve been thinking that may be the way I go. I need to call em and get measurements to see if it will fit my chassis. Maybe give them a call to see if it would fit. From the pics it looks to be stock hood size.

Yeah I'm just guessing looking at it but it looks wide.

Top Back Refresh