What's new

Extension cord storage

i bought a few of these to use on my cords and air hoses.

I bought a 100' 10/3 extension cord a week ago and that fuggin thing is damn near as thick as a garden hose. lol

At least my worm drive saw doesn't struggle to get up to speed now when using it 200' away from the closest power while building the new shed. :smokin:

Reactions: PAE
i bought a few of these to use on my cords and air hoses.

I bought a 100' 10/3 extension cord a week ago and that fuggin thing is damn near as thick as a garden hose. lol

At least my worm drive saw doesn't struggle to get up to speed now when using it 200' away from the closest power while building the new shed. :smokin:

My dads crew went to using these for most everything. They rarely plug in a saw anymore

1000001864.jpg

I used cheap Amazon garden hose hangers.

I have 2 10 AWG cords, one on each plus adapter cords and misc and they are holding up great!

Coil cord in big loops. Get a 2ish foot piece of rope and put an eye splice on each end. Choke rolled up cord and still have a nice hanging loop on the free end of your rope

Searched some to see if its been covered and nothing turned up, so here’s a little something for yall who don’t know

IMG_7513.jpeg

Save those wire spools, they make great extension cord reels
IMG_7514.jpeg

Leave some slack out the end and roll up the rest. You can even get fancy and counter-roll the two ends back up and plug itself for clean storage (forgot to take pics of that part)

There’s your friday PSA, have a great weekend yall 🤙🏻
Damn! Thats exactly what Im looking for. I guess I should have checked here before posting in gcc. So those wire, wire spools are from lincoln wire?

Damn! Thats exactly what Im looking for. I guess I should have checked here before posting in gcc. So those wire, wire spools are from lincoln wire?
Yeah these ones are lincoln “superarc”, but I use the plastic ones too 🤙🏻 many ways to skin this cat but it works well for me

I bought a bunch of these a couple years back.
Rest of the frequently used stuff gets coiled up, have it in its dedicated spots such as hanging off the side of the work bench.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125_070311_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_070311_Brave.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 1
I used to use the wire welding spools for years. I finally said F that and got rid of them. I personally don't like my cords or air hoses wound in that tight of loops.

Top Back Refresh