What's new

ESAB Multimaster 260 New Stinger Guide

willis_racing

Wee Todd Did
Member Number
Loc
Edgewood, NM
This thread is basically just to catalog the part numbers and process to get a new MIG stinger onto an old Multimaster 260. I got mine at an auction with no cables at all, so I had to make a power cord, ground lead, and stinger.

The problem is it's kind of an old machine. The parts houses don't carry any off the shelf replacement stingers for it, and the Tweco gun that originally came with the machine is discontinued.

Through some difficulty and forum crawling, I managed to find an application chart similar to this one.
mm260.PNG

So the Multimaster takes a TWECO #4 style backend, with a NAS plug. That's not made anymore, but you can get an off-the-shelf unit for a Lincoln Wirematic 255 and swap the trigger plug.

Credit to the user "farmall" on WeldingWeb for suggesting the use of the Hubbell HBL7465V.

The stock Wirematic backend and plug:
20240127_151935.jpg

The polarity of the wires in the plug don't matter, since the gun is basically just a circuit breaker. My cat Booger helped me get the hubbell plug installed
20240127_152539.jpg

20240127_153524.jpg

And now I have a brand new stinger for my welder. This info is available, but it was hard to find and most of the forums and documents containing it are 15+ years old, so I wanted to freshen it up and host it here as well. If it helps someone with a similar problem to me in the future, great.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I have a MM260 and been considering getting a new whip. Didn't realize they are getting hard to source. I think I remember they were available from Abicor-Binzel?

Fawker welds so nice, I never want to part with it.

My cat is a big helper too. Except when he takes off with some hardware.

Top Back Refresh