What's new

Electric pressure washer that's worth buying?

RusM

Amateur Viking
Member Number
Loc
North Bend WA
Need a electric pressure washer for light duty stuff like washing the house, cars, etc.... Anyone have one they've used and liked? I had one from Homo Despot that shit the bed pretty quickly, but I liked it for light duty when it was working.

Kracherr is the only one I have used that worked more than a handful of times. That said it was slightly stronger than a garden hose but I would not call it a pressure washer...

Last edited:
I have a Karcher electric purchased from a hardware store approximately 10 years ago.
At the time, the general wisdom was to get one with an Italian, not Chinese, pump.
Either that advice was correct or I've been lucky for 10 years of decent usage.

I've no idea what's a good value & durable these days and mine is getting worn out, so I'll be watching this thread.

I have one I bought from Costco. It seems to work, have used it probably 10-ish times. (so, not heavy usage....but it still works)

Ryobi has a 2300psi that's very impressive for an electric pressure washer. I haven't fired up my Honda powered craftsman 3200psi since I got one last year. They have a 2000?psi with a hose reel which would be kick ass too, I hate trying to untanglefuck the damn hose to wrap it up.

I recently bought a small Stihl and am very happy with it. To the point my wife thinks I'm addicted to pressure washing now. I've done almost all the concrete around the house, did all the concrete and house at the house we just sold. I use it to wash the cars etc. It was right around $200. I'll see if I can find a link to post.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/pressure-washers/electric-pressure-washers/re90/

Last edited:
Ryobi has a 2300psi that's very impressive for an electric pressure washer. I haven't fired up my Honda powered craftsman 3200psi since I got one last year. They have a 2000?psi with a hose reel which would be kick ass too, I hate trying to untanglefuck the damn hose to wrap it up.

I was looking at the $99 Ryobi sold at Home Depot after someone recommended it to me.

Primary use would be washing off my vehicles and maybe some sidewalk cleaning. Haven't gotten around to picking one up, I've stayed busy with all the other projects and TODOs I have :homer:

My neighbor sells pressure washers. AR Blue Clean (2000 psi unit I think) is what he sells a lot of for light duty uses you described.
I can't remember the exact model number though. I do know he hasn't had any complainants on them. Last I knew they were about $200, 6 months ago or so.
I would get one from a shop not a big box store, kinda like lawnmowers in that regard.
I can get the model number from him if you want it.

Ive been eying the Costco one for ever. It seems like it's better than the average pos $99 special. Plus it's Costco, so if it breaks in a year, take it back. I like the idea of not messing with gas for washing mud off of rigs of bikes. The standard gas one isn't that impressive once you've used a heated one anyway.

My father in law gave me his cheapo craftsman gas one though, it's weird, no throttle control, no choke and no gas shut off. Just a kill switch. Pull the cord and it goes right 5o redline :laughing: it does fire on the first pull 9/10 times though.

Kracherr is the only one I have used that worked more than a handful of times. That said it was slightly stronger than a garden hose but I would not call it a pressure washer...

my karcher one lasted about 5 uses, but by then it was out of warranty so I got fucked.

honestly it wasn't any more powerful than the harbor freight unit I bought to replace it.

HF $90 one is fine to wash cars with. works as well as any other electic pressure washer i've used. Already lasted longer than the karcher one.

I've got the HF one. Works fine. I keep telling myself I'm gonna run hard lines around my property then just mount it in the basement so I only have to dick around with one hose. :laughing:

Wife picked me up a 2200 psi Ryobi about 4 years ago as a fathers day gift to replace my old POS one that I spent more time trying to keep running than it was worth. At first I really disliked it cuz it wasn't gas. flash forward 4 years and I love it. It isn't the most powerful one in the world, but it's tough and it works good. It fell out of my truck going down the highway at 60 and rolled in the bar ditch and it still works, I think I like it more now that it looks like it is off the set of mad max... Hell only one tip was lost out of the tray and the end for the wand got broke and like every piece of plastic around the pump...lol... It also survived a dog literally eating it apart while we were on vacation last summer (had to replace the chord, a wheel and the gfci).

FWIW I bought a Greenworks Pro (brushless) 2300 psi/2.3gpm from Lowe's and absolutely love it for what OP described. I've already owned the heavy/loud/expensive AF ones before (until both had the pump fail). Never again. Siding, decks, driveway, vehicles, etc. YUP!

Not sure if Kärcher has a pro line, but they kinda tend to fall apart a bit too fast.

Pressure washing is an addiction.

I have an old Black N Decker electric pressure washer I intended to be pretty much single use. Needed to wash my house, I think it was about $100 bucks which was less than the mexicans quoted to wash the house for me. Figured if it did that one job it would pay for itself, anything else would be cherry on top. After using it for somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years now I finally started storing it inside like maybe I could care for it. I had to remove the cheap breaker that was the on the end of the cord because after spending 10 winters outside in the weather it would get hot and trip for no reason. I didn't winterize it one year so the wand froze and broke, but miraculously the pressure machine and the hose survived that bone head move unscathed. I bought a new wand for it from the generic section of Lowes and have continued to wash my 4x4's, buggies, go-karts, parts, home etc with it. I guess when I need another one to replace it I'll probably get the newer version if they even still make one.

Side note, I borrowed a gas powered one once thinking that it would wash better than my cheapo electric one. The gas engine one needed more GPM of water feed than my home had so it would just constantly cavitate making it pretty much unusable. Turns out my little electric one is just about right for the water pressure and gpm out of the tap.

Another vote for the ryobi. Just enough power to be useful. I like that the nozzle is adjustable from a cone to a jet.

I recently bought a small Stihl and am very happy with it. To the point my wife thinks I'm addicted to pressure washing now. I've done almost all the concrete around the house, did all the concrete and house at the house we just sold. I use it to wash the cars etc. It was right around $200. I'll see if I can find a link to post.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/pr...-washers/re90/

Goddamnit! You got me with the Stihl, I've never bought anything from them I've been unhappy with yet! I had no idea they were making pressure washers now. The local dealer being 500yds from my house and having it in stock helped me make an impulse buy as well.

I'll warsh the house and report back. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
My brother has the 2300 psi Ryobi, for basic things it's fine. I have a 3000 psi gas Ryobi and it takes over where the little electric fails. More psi is handy but the volume of water it puts out is where it's better by a landslide.

Have a Coleman 1900psi washer. For $150 I didn't expect much, once out of the box it looked way better than I expected. Still works great a decade later.

Goddamnit! You got me with the Stihl, I've never bought anything from them I've been unhappy with yet! I had no idea they were making pressure washers now. The local dealer being 500yds from my house and having it in stock helped me make an impulse buy as well.

The little whirl tip did a great job of cleaning all our concrete that probably hasn't been cleaned in 50 years. My wife thought I was crazy for thinking it would really make a difference until I did it. Also got all the black streaks off our white gutters and house. I think i added 5 years to the need to repaint.

I have one of these and it has been going strong for over 2 years.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe...mp-Electric-Pressure-Washer-SPX3000/204202850

sun-joe-electric-pressure-washers-spx3000-64_1000.jpg

Had this one for 2 years. I figured it would be a POS. Haven't fired up the gas one I have since I got it. My only complaint is the hose is too short. 25 feet does not get you around a vehicle unless the power washer is right next to it. I use it on the deck all the time. 2 clips and it pulls out of the cart and I carry it thru the house.

https://www.sears.com/2050-psi-1.4-g...p-07199117000P

With the yellow tip it will take the skin right off your hand at 12 inches. Blow the paint off the mirror on your wifes car. It's got some power. LOL
hand.JPG

It is made by Mi-T-M pressue washers, it is a cost point machine , basically a low end unit made to look high end...

2300 Ryobi gas been pretty good. Grab a turbo nozzle for heavy stuff. I also have a larger gas one that I rarely use.

I picked one up at auction has a cat pump on it,rated at 1200 psi little lower at the moment way better than the katcher I have, way more water volume. Cane out of a grocer6store auction, have about $150 in it with buying extra hose and quick connects.

Saw one yesterday at auction it was new , retail was $1200 , last look it was at $400

Another vote for cryobi, got a dud but for something for lighter duty suff it's hard to beat. Wife likes it for cleaning the car but it wont take much off of concrete and the like, which can be a good thing in inexperienced hands.

Top Back Refresh