What's new

Edge CTS3 insight

Wulf

Member Number
Loc
Denver ish
Who has one?

I was happy with the CTS2 in my ex's Duramax for monitoring coolant temp, transmission temp, and EGTs. The touch display sucked any time you had to make a change.

My 6.7l PSD shows oil and transmission temp on the dash information screen but I would like to add an EGT probe and monitor that with the CTS3.

I had one in 2 different dodges....I liked them

My current powerstroke i put in a scan gauge with a mirror mount cause I didn't feel like paying 400. And no one makes a A pillar mount for the new Ford and cts3

Was just about to post the same question...

CTS2 on my PSD for 3 years and have been very happy. Upgraded to a new PSD, and the CTS2 does not work... Edge said i'd have to upgrade to CTS3, but the reviews on their own site are all over the board...

I had one in 2 different dodges....I liked them

My current powerstroke i put in a scan gauge with a mirror mount cause I didn't feel like paying 400. And no one makes a A pillar mount for the new Ford and cts3

The scangauge will monitor EGT?

The scangauge will monitor EGT?

It will monitor all 4 factory EGT probes as well as the EGR temp probe: scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/6-7l-diesel/

My ideal would be to put one of the factory EGT probes into a block off plate at the EGR and then monitor that PID with the CTS3 (or SG2).

Got one in the mail today, excited to get it in and try it out. It will be nice to be able to monitor oil/coolant/trans temps, boost, and EGTs.

Guess I should get around to installing that EGT probe I've been putting off for the last year :homer:

PXL_20210330_035215275.jpg

Had mine for a few months.

boots much faster than the CTS2.
touch screen is nicer
PIDS are a mess, and edge admitted so when I had to call them to find some that should be standard (like DEF)
randomly locks up.

prefer the CTS2...

Had mine for a few months.

boots much faster than the CTS2.
touch screen is nicer
PIDS are a mess, and edge admitted so when I had to call them to find some that should be standard (like DEF)
randomly locks up.

prefer the CTS2...

ugh. Hopefully the resolve the freezing issue in an update -- I had it freeze up while selecting the gauges I wanted and hoped it was just a fluke.

It does seem much, much nicer than the CTS2 overall. Edge gave me the impression that the CTS2 didn't support a lot of the PIDs for the 6.7 PSD.

ugh. Hopefully the resolve the freezing issue in an update -- I had it freeze up while selecting the gauges I wanted and hoped it was just a fluke.

It does seem much, much nicer than the CTS2 overall. Edge gave me the impression that the CTS2 didn't support a lot of the PIDs for the 6.7 PSD.

The CTS2 only worked up to the 10-speed on the 6.7's. I was kind of PO'd - i kept my Edge when i traded the '16.

some of the PID's bug me. Can get gear selection on the gas, but supposedly not on the 6.7. The CTS2 DEF reading was much easier to read than CTS3 (and a standard PID, not advanced).

Just little things, but annoying. I probably need to do an update.

The CTS2 only worked up to the 10-speed on the 6.7's. I was kind of PO'd - i kept my Edge when i traded the '16.

some of the PID's bug me. Can get gear selection on the gas, but supposedly not on the 6.7. The CTS2 DEF reading was much easier to read than CTS3 (and a standard PID, not advanced).

Just little things, but annoying. I probably need to do an update.

Interesting, I would check for an update. I haven't checked the DEF reading. As you can see on the attached image I was able to add gear selection with the torque converter lockup indicator on my CTS3 for my 16 F350 6.7l

Well, I was pretty content with it but I took it out to have the windshield replaced. It was nice to be able to monitor fuel rail pressure among other things that would indicate a problem before the dumbass factory gauges would. While I was reinstalling it I dropped it off the dash and cracked the screen on the pavement and now the touch screen doesn't work and it defaults to the settings page.

Top Back Refresh