What's new

Economic recovery

We have been in Moab for three days now. I gotta say, I’m surprised at how many people are here spending money. I talked at length with a guy with our group about how his business is doing. He runs a very successful concrete business. They can’t keep up and are turning jobs away. In Utah the housing hasn’t slowed one bit. Guys are still working seven days a week. The governor has opened up the state and people are out and getting on with life. Not sure how other states will do but Utah has a balanced budget law. The legislature has to balance the budget every year. They are gonna slash millions in June when they know how much revenue will be short. Too bad other states and the federal government don’t follow suit. Instead of printing money my great grand kids will have to pay back!!

QUOTE=east_beast;n11503]

I happen to have a good personal friend who just so happens to be a PhD professor at Johns Hopkins specializing in infectious disease. I don't watch the news for my COVID info.[/QUOTE]

Who was the politician who was always "I have a friend" :flipoff2:

Al Gore always had a friend who knew someone who heard form someone else about a guy....:stirthepot:

I have to realize that not all states are the same. I am in South Carolina. Our governor is all about everyone getting the hell on with life. That is not the case with a lot of places. In one of Sc governor Mcmasters press conferences he said he wanted South Carolina to get out and slingshot around all the other states that were not reopening.
If you live somewhere that very little is open and people are not out your future is very likely much different than the places that are booming. I still think it is going to be rough either way.

Been laid off for a month now. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Still haven't seen a dime from unemployment, system is way backed up. Have yet to meet anyone who is actually getting their benefits.
Would much rather be back to work, where I make quite a bit more than unemployment even with the gov extra. That extra will end at the end of July.

Also if you turn down going back to your job you don't get unemployment any longer.

The late economist Ken Galbraith once said, "economic forecasting exists to make astrology look respectable". I'd say that's pretty damn accurate.

fuck all this doom and gloom. this country does one thing better than any other........kick ass and take names. yes there are more pussies per capita than usual. those bitches will soon recognize the value of the alphas theyve been kicking for the last couple decades. my son is learning the old way. all the sensitive crap can suck a dick. its time for americans to show we can walk through what others cower from.

Last edited:
Yeah, we havent seen shit yet. Its gonna tank, all because of a hoax of a "virus" with a 99% survival rate 🙄

The late economist Ken Galbraith once said, "economic forecasting exists to make astrology look respectable". I'd say that's pretty damn accurate.

Exactly how I feel. Like Wolf of Wall Street; they don't know if its going up, down, or in fucking circles.

Top Back Refresh