What's new

Earthing

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
Loc
lake erie
someone on the faceballs went all "it's the greatest thing ever and I love it I feel so energized!"

so I googled.

PT Barnam was apparently 200 years before his time, cause there's more than one born every minute.
https://www.earthing.com/

The earth beneath your feet provides you with food and water. It gives you a surface to sit, stand, walk, run, swim, climb, play, and build on. It also provides you with something very surprising - electrons. When you touch the ground with your bare feet or body, the electrons flow into you. This is called being “grounded.”

The earth’s surface has a virtually limitless supply of mobile electrons that gives the ground we walk on (as well as lakes and oceans) a natural negative electric charge. When you touch your body to the ground, it dissipates static electricity and extraneous environmental electrical charges that are on you. At the same time, you receive a charge of energy in the form of free electrons and your body synchronizes with the natural frequencies of the earth.

In our modern society, we no longer sleep on the ground or walk barefoot everywhere we go, like our ancestors did. We wear shoes and live in houses that shelter us from the elements but in doing so, we’ve disconnected ourselves from this important source of electrons.

As long as you are grounded, your body continues to absorb enough electrons to maintain the same electrical potential as the earth. This amount of electrons varies significantly between people depending upon their lifestyle and activity, and it is impossible to measure.
HOW CAN YOU GET GROUNDED?

Go outside and put your bare feet on the earth’s natural surfaces! These include grass, dirt, sand,soil, gravel, rock (that is touching the earth), unsealed concrete or concrete with a water-based sealant, unsealed brick or brick with a water-based sealant, bodies of water like the ocean, lakes, and streams, most living trees (especially with wet bark), and living plants. Our ancestors were grounded 24/7, so generally the more you get grounded the better. That being said, 30 minutes is the minimum amount of time recommended to be grounded each day.
IF YOU CAN’T GET GROUNDED OUTSIDE...START EARTHING!

Depending on where you live and what season it is, it’s not always possible to be outdoors barefoot. In that case, and/or to spend more time grounded each day, use Earthing® products when you’re indoors!

You can think about Earthing® products as extension cords that connect you to the ground outside. You shouldn’t have to suffer through terrible weather and unsafe conditions to connect to the earth each day. Instead, you can safely and easily connect with Earthing® products.

I can't believe people actually buy this shit and think it does something.

I'll go along with walking on nice grass being a good feeling, and could probably help people that are city bound de-stress, but the "science" behind the rest is dumb.

"Down to earth" as a concept has merit on a psychological level... but "Earthing" is a bunch of hippie love BS haha.

I agree that walking barefoot in the grass is a nice feeling, but it is just a physical stimulation and doesn't do anything with "Earthing". I think someone is just trying to fabricate the reason for why they enjoy walking in grass.:rolleyes:

Yea, you don't want to see me barefoot. :barf: :laughing:

so how does it connect me to the earth when it's wires embedded in a non conductive fabric blanket?

questions that make believers mad.

so how does it connect me to the earth when it's wires embedded in a non conductive fabric blanket?

questions that make believers mad.

DF615EF8-4D5F-4123-A36F-D19C59F233A8.jpeg

I can find some value in this concept, I like to garden barefoot when the weather is nice out and I definitely feel better afterwords.

Whether it's attributable to the limitless supply of mobile electrons, or just being outside in the nice weather is certainly up for debate.

Definitely not spending money on their snake oil mumbo jumbo though.

Unlimited flow of electrons you say? Crank that bitch to 50!
PB.jpg

Damn hippies.

so $200 to pump myself full of B vitamins?
can't I just drink a redbull?

Could be wrong to some degree, but isnt vit b stored for like 2 years in the body or take a bit of time to deplete?

The bigger issue I think with most societal issues is we arent natural anymore from input-output standpoint.

We dont eat 'natural' foods, rather fast foods/engineered foods. We dont exist 'naturally' anymore. We have a body designed for x=x, but all we perform under (y-2z/a⁴•8c)=x.

Same to high people feel better, when they are more primal. Camping, fires, barefoot in soil/grass etc, eat a good meal over fast food, etc

Shit...did I agree and disagree and support earthing?:confused:

Could be wrong to some degree, but isnt vit b stored for like 2 years in the body or take a bit of time to deplete?

The bigger issue I think with most societal issues is we arent natural anymore from input-output standpoint.

We dont eat 'natural' foods, rather fast foods/engineered foods. We dont exist 'naturally' anymore. We have a body designed for x=x, but all we perform under (y-2z/a⁴•8c)=x.

Same to high people feel better, when they are more primal. Camping, fires, barefoot in soil/grass etc, eat a good meal over fast food, etc

Shit...did I agree and disagree and support earthing?:confused:

fun fact, the stomach is the only part of your digestive tract that can absorb B vitamins.

father in law had his removed, had to be put on monthly b vitamin shots.

Walking around barefoot is great.Feels fantastic,cool soft dirt between your toes,the soft brush of grass on your ankles.

Right up until you step in the pile of dogshit.

They had that shit at KOH this year. But their main proposal was hangover cure.

That's how it started. Some Dr. in Vegas would pull up a mobile van to the parking lot of your hotel, and you could go get an IV. I figure it's only a matter of time till someone combines essential oils and IV's.

call me what you will, but that looks like bags of piss. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh