What's new

Dumb car audio question

grumpy356

bordering on illiterate
Member Number
I have a 2004 Lexus. It has climate control and other bull shit built into the radio.
The radio is having an issue, but the other shit works as designed

Do aftermarket radios have a way of incorporating the car climate control and data stuff?

Or are you locked into the stock radio?

It seems like I would be locked into the stock radio, but I don’t know what I don’t know. Aftermarket may now. Have a way to deal with this.

Some do, I’ve dealt with a lot of Ford ones. Check out crutchfield to just get an idea what’s out there then go from there. They sell premium stuff but if it’s there you’ll be able to find a cheaper or generic version.

Lexus only made 1 model in 04?
Check with metra to see if they have a kit that separates the radio and hvac

On my 00 Lexus LS400 I was able to swap from the premium integrated Nav/hvac to the base model hvac controls then install a headunit for the audio. May be able to if that model came with different trims

I'd just wire in a Bluetooth capable headunit as a stand-alone in the console or glovebox.

Add a few amps, new speakers and wiring, and a sub. Now it'll be a whole new experience! :flipoff2:

Welcome to the future, those fancy displays are going to be the single thing that make an old car feel old when the car gets old, let alone if it remains functional.

Signed,
2001 model year luxury car owner with 240p resolution factory lcd navigation/radio display.

Top Back Refresh