What's new

Duck Blinds

Jackie Treehorn

Member Number
Let’s see what you guys have built and what materials you have used. I just bought another 800 feet of shoreline next to my place and I’m looking forward to hunting off of it this fall.

Lake, bay, or ocean shoreline? If it’s the latter, how much does your tide change?

I’m not sure I have any pics, but we sunk treated 4x4 post in the sand and built a blind using treated 2x4s, 2x6s, and plywood. Wrapped it with cane stuck into wire fence. It works great when the tide is right, but sucks if it’s too high or low.

It’s on a river that has minor fluctuations over the fall and winter. This is the shoreline and it’ll get browner in a month or so. I’m considering picking up a load of cheap hay bales to stack up and use as a blind.

usn2oK5.jpg

Find the areas that the ducks like to feed in. Build your blind there. Honestly, if I was on a River, I would probably outfit a boat with a portable blind. Will allow you to change positions as needed.

I have a 14’ boat I set up with a blind but I don’t have a good spot on my shoreline where I can pull it up tight and be inconspicuous. I’d like to get a blind up on the bank where I can walk over for quick spur of the moment hunts.

I have a 14’ boat I set up with a blind but I don’t have a good spot on my shoreline where I can pull it up tight and be inconspicuous. I’d like to get a blind up on the bank where I can walk over for quick spur of the moment hunts.
Gotcha. Fairly solid ground on the shore? Cheap option 1: t-post and pallets, use whatever natural covering is in the area; option 2: A roll of hog wire, t-post and natural covering. They’re easily removable compared to bales.

Top Back Refresh